Windows 7 Coming Out of Sleep Mode

Sequences

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2010
Hey, my desktop keeps coming out of sleep mode automatically. I have a feeling it is automatic update, but I have turned it off and it still happens. It is a bit weird that this happens, and would appreciate it if someone could let me know what's going on.

Oh, I don't know exactly when it comes out of sleep, but I think it always comes on at a specific time every time I've noticed it.

Solution
Try going to power settings by

Start menu > Control panel > Power Options > (go to the power plan that you use) > Change plan Settings > Change advanced power settings > Sleep > Allow wake timers > Plugged in: Disable

w7pro

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010
This might be a bit of a long shot, but try going into the power settings and restoring the default settings and see if continues to come out of sleep mode following that.

-- Ryan
Windows Outreach Team

edmond419

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
Try going to power settings by

Start menu > Control panel > Power Options > (go to the power plan that you use) > Change plan Settings > Change advanced power settings > Sleep > Allow wake timers > Plugged in: Disable

Solution

Cantic Kelly

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2011

Hello,I've had the same problems. If I disable "Allow wake timers", will I still be able to wake my desktop in the usual way by pressing Enter on the keyboard, or moving the mouse? Thanks.

Cantic Kelly

Sequences

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2010

You should be able to. Wake timers are only used to automatically wake your computer up at some point in time. Your ability to wake the computer up whenever through keyboard/mouse click commands should not be affected.

bumblebee123

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012

even my laptop is coming out of sleep even though i disabled "Allow wake up timers". what shoul i do now???

jnrcorp

Honorable
May 28, 2013
To determine which device last woke your computer go to a command prompt as an administrator and run 'powercfg -lastwake' without the quotes. To get to a command prompt as an administrator create a new shortcut on your desktop for cmd.exe, right click and select 'Run as administrator'.