  • Microsoft
  • DLL
  • Windows XP
April 22, 2004 12:29:06 AM

When I turn on my MS Windows XP computer I get an error
message that says the file "hal.dll" is missing. How do I
resolve this issue ? Do I need to re-built the pc with the
system recovery diskks ??

More about : hal dll

April 22, 2004 1:44:07 AM

YES
peter
"Gary" <gjtrudgett@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When I turn on my MS Windows XP computer I get an error
> message that says the file "hal.dll" is missing. How do I
> resolve this issue ? Do I need to re-built the pc with the
> system recovery diskks ??
April 22, 2004 4:41:10 AM

Gary wrote:

> When I turn on my MS Windows XP computer I get an error
> message that says the file "hal.dll" is missing. How do I
> resolve this issue ? Do I need to re-built the pc with the
> system recovery diskks ??

A frequent reply to that question...

That indicates that there is corruption of the boot.ini file: That
tells the boot where to look for windows components, and it is looking
in the wrong place. Hal.dll just happens to be the first file it looks
for.

Set the BIOS to boot CD before Hard Disk. Boot the XP CD and, instead
of Setup, take the immediate R for Repair. Assume any password
requested is blank, and TAB over.
Give:
ATTRIB -H -R -S C:\Boot.ini
DEL C:\Boot.ini