Wireless CF card with Memory

June 7, 2004 7:54:27 PM

Can anyway tell me if any manufacturers (model no if possible) make a CF
wifi card with built-in memory.. hopefully at least 256MB? At this moment
don't care if it is 11b or 11g but I guess 11g would be better.

It sounds like the ideal solution to add wireless and more memory to my Ipaq
2210/2215.

Thanks

Pete

More about : wireless card memory

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
a b } Memory
June 7, 2004 7:54:28 PM

There are two main ones, Sandisk and I think Socket.(althou cannot find any
info on this one at the moment)

SanDisk's Connect Plus 128MB + Wi-Fi CompactFlash card (Wireless B)
Part Number: SDWCFB-128-768
http://www.sandisk.com/retail/c-plus-wifi-cf.asp

Second Sandisk is same as above, but a SD version, heard it will work with a
CF-SD adapter card, pretty new so not sure on shipping status.
SanDisk 256 megabyte (MB) + Wi-Fi® SD Combination card
http://www.sandisk.com/pressrelease/20040524b.html

I have heard rumors that this one might be getting a "brother" with memory.
D-Link DCF-660W wireless CompactFlash card that is IEEE 802.11b compliant.
Model DCF-660W
http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=46

Most of the reports from users say that the 22XX and Sandisk 128 MB Wifi CF
works well.

--
Tedd Riggs
PDA Square Content Developer

"Pete" <nothere@notthere.either> wrote in message
> Can anyway tell me if any manufacturers (model no if possible) make a CF
> wifi card with built-in memory.. hopefully at least 256MB? At this moment
> don't care if it is 11b or 11g but I guess 11g would be better.
>
> It sounds like the ideal solution to add wireless and more memory to my
> Ipaq
> 2210/2215.
>
> Thanks
>
> Pete

June 7, 2004 9:10:19 PM

Pete wrote:
> Can anyway tell me if any manufacturers (model no if possible) make a
> CF wifi card with built-in memory.. hopefully at least 256MB? At this
> moment don't care if it is 11b or 11g but I guess 11g would be better.
>
> It sounds like the ideal solution to add wireless and more memory to
> my Ipaq 2210/2215.
>
> Thanks
>
> Pete

I just ordered one of these for my 2210

"SanDisk Compact Flash WiFi card with 128MB memory"

It is 11b and only 128MB, but it'll do for me.

Details below;

About CompactFlash® Wi-FiT

SanDisk makes it easy to use and stay connected. As the world's leading
supplier of flash data storage
for today's most popular consumer electronics devices, SanDisk knows how to
pack a lot of
performance in a small package. Combining both flash memory and wireless
communications in a
single card, SanDisk's easy-to-use ConnectT and ConnectT Plus family of
Wi-FiT cards comes with an
interactive Installation and User Manual for fast and easy connections ( It'
s like having your very own
Wi-FiT expert all on CD! ). So you can quickly transmit and receive data and
images from thousands of
locations:- from hotels, airports and universities to cafes, coffee shops
and company offices.
SanDisk's ConnectT family is in a class of its own. SanDisk's ConnectT and
ConnectT Plus family of Wi-FiT
cards includes four innovative products:
.. single-function Wi-FiT CompactFlash® card
.. dual-function 128MB memory + Wi-FiT CompactFlash® card
.. single-function Wi-FiT SDT card
.. dual-function 256MB memory + Wi-FiT SDT card

All offer mobile computer users the following:

.. Interactive Installation and User Manual
.. Fast, strong and easy connections to thousands of 802.11b HotSpots
worldwide
.. Upgradeable security software
.. Optimized functionality for the lowest power and highest performance
.. Support for a wide range of current operating systems
.. SanDisk's consumer-friendly 3-year warranty
.. ConnectT Wi-FiT CompactFlash®.
.. CompactFlash® WiFiT cards include a FREE PC card adaptor for laptops
.. Combines both flash memory and wireless communications in a single card
.. Offers a single-slot solution; use it as a memory card or Wi-FiT card to
store and move files
.. Adds more memory and new functionality to the devices
.. Features operating system support for laptops, palmtops and PDAs.
.. Operating System Support : 128MB + Wi-FiT CompactFlash® supports

Windows ME, 2000, XP, Pocket PC 2002, Pocket PC 2003

.. Wi-FiT Certified ..ensures interoperability with other Wi-FiT Certified
devices

.. Visit www.sandisk.com for updated device support information for Laptop,
Palmtop or PDA.

Regards

Martin
Related resources
June 7, 2004 9:11:45 PM

Pete wrote:
> Can anyway tell me if any manufacturers (model no if possible) make a
> CF wifi card with built-in memory.. hopefully at least 256MB? At this
> moment don't care if it is 11b or 11g but I guess 11g would be better.
>
> It sounds like the ideal solution to add wireless and more memory to
> my Ipaq 2210/2215.
>
> Thanks
>
> Pete

Should have said - if you are in the UK, look at ebay Item number:
3817978771

Martin
June 8, 2004 3:05:10 PM

In article <2ijidfFmac6sU1@uni-berlin.de>, Martin <martin@scotland.org> wrote:
>Pete wrote:
>> Can anyway tell me if any manufacturers (model no if possible) make a
>> CF wifi card with built-in memory.. hopefully at least 256MB? At this
>> moment don't care if it is 11b or 11g but I guess 11g would be better.
>Should have said - if you are in the UK, look at ebay Item number:
>3817978771
>
>Martin

I am. Thanks for the replies.... although I'm a bit reluctant to buy a product
from Sandisk.

Pete
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
a b } Memory
June 9, 2004 7:59:21 AM

If you've got a 2200, why wouldn't you increase the memory in the SD slot
and use an inexpensive WiFi card in the CF slot? Or am I missing something?

--

Brad Adrian, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices

> In article <2ijidfFmac6sU1@uni-berlin.de>, Martin <martin@scotland.org>
wrote:
> >Pete wrote:
> >> Can anyway tell me if any manufacturers (model no if possible) make a
> >> CF wifi card with built-in memory.. hopefully at least 256MB? At this
> >> moment don't care if it is 11b or 11g but I guess 11g would be better.
> >Should have said - if you are in the UK, look at ebay Item number:
> >3817978771
> >
> >Martin
> >
> I am. Thanks for the replies.... although I'm a bit reluctant to buy a
product
> from Sandisk.
>
> Pete

June 10, 2004 2:01:09 AM

No, you aren't really missing anything.... its just the more memory the
better!
At the moment, I am using the SD slot for a large memory card which is used
for GPS maps which take up loads of space.
I was planning on just keeping that slot solely for that purpose. I guess
once the SD cards get more capacity (and cheaper!) it will be a non-issue.

Pete
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
a b } Memory
July 13, 2004 12:02:49 AM

earn an extra income £500 to £2000 per month visit
www.monsterlifestyle.co.uk so scary its true!!!
expansion into Europe July 2004 who do you know in Holland or Ireland please
pass onto somebody who may be able to help thankyou

!