p4c800-e dlx, PRI_RAID connector and ATA 100 drive non-RAID

Rich

The manual doesn't seem to say anything about whether or not the PRI-RAID
connector can be used to just run a single ATA HDD as normal. (Not RAID).
I'm going to be setting up this system with a SATA RAID array and one extra
hard disk for data/storage/backups. Can I connect that single ATA100 drive
to this connector or is it disabled when RAID exists?

Thanks,
Rich

--
Return address modified for spam protection. Remove windy to reply.

You can connect it. I have exactly that config.

"Rich" <rmart_911@windycomcast.net> wrote in message
> The manual doesn't seem to say anything about whether or not the PRI-RAID
> connector can be used to just run a single ATA HDD as normal. (Not RAID).
> I'm going to be setting up this system with a SATA RAID array and one
extra
> hard disk for data/storage/backups. Can I connect that single ATA100
drive
> to this connector or is it disabled when RAID exists?
>
> Thanks,
> Rich
>

> --
> Return address modified for spam protection. Remove windy to reply.

Rich

Thanks. I'll be putting this system together as soon as I finish tweaking
and painting my case. Then it's time to put this PIII800 to pasture.