Unified Drivers-A7N8X-E

Where do I go to find out what version I have?

Thanks,
Wildbill

Wildbill wrote:
> Where do I go to find out what version I have?

I don't think you can... best click the link on my website to the 3.13 and
then individually check your driver versions in Device Manager against the
ones on the installation page.

Either that or if you don't mind the download, just download and install the
3.13s

Ben

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 20:26:49 -0500, Wildbill <> wrote:

After checking individual drivers, I am really confused. a list of the
individual drivers are as follows:

Audio driver 3.66 (WHQL)
Audio utilities 3.66
Ethernet driver 3.63 (WHQL)
GART driver 3.34 (WHQL)
Memory controller driver 3.38 (WHQL)
SMBus driver 3.38 (WHQL)
IDE In-the-box driver 3.58 (WHQL)
IDE 2.0 NVIDIA driver 3.66 (WHQL)
Display driver 52.16 (WHQL)
Installer 3.77

The drivers installed on my computer are (as per Device Manager)
Driver names do not seem to match, but these are all NVIDIA drivers I
can find in device manager:

Display Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 5200
Driver 4.4.6.7 dated 6/13/2003

NVIDIA nForce 2 IDE Controller
Driver 6.1.2600.0 dated 5/13/2002

NVIDIA MPC Network Controller
Driver 3.4.6.0 dated 6/7/2003

NVIDIA Audio Codec
Driver 6.14.431.0 dated 3/3/2004

NVIDIA nForceMPC Audio
Driver 6.14.431.0 dated 3/3/2004

NVIDIA PCI
Driver 3.3.8.0 dated 4/9/2003

NVIDIA AGP to PCI
Driver 3.3.4.0 dated 3/19/2003

Talk about confusing!!!

Do I need to update Unified Drivers??

Thanks,
Wildbill

Wildbill wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 20:26:49 -0500, Wildbill <> wrote:
>
> After checking individual drivers, I am really confused. a list of the
> individual drivers are as follows:

From where does this list originate?

> Audio driver 3.66 (WHQL)
> Audio utilities 3.66
> Ethernet driver 3.63 (WHQL)
> GART driver 3.34 (WHQL)
> Memory controller driver 3.38 (WHQL)
> SMBus driver 3.38 (WHQL)
> IDE In-the-box driver 3.58 (WHQL)
> IDE 2.0 NVIDIA driver 3.66 (WHQL)
> Display driver 52.16 (WHQL)
> Installer 3.77

OK, looks like the XP 3.13s. The 3.13s include the latest driver, unless
stated below:

> The drivers installed on my computer are (as per Device Manager)
> Driver names do not seem to match, but these are all NVIDIA drivers I
> can find in device manager:
>
> Display Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 5200
> Driver 4.4.6.7 dated 6/13/2003

44.67, UDP 3.13s include 52.16, latest is 56.72

> NVIDIA nForce 2 IDE Controller
> Driver 6.1.2600.0 dated 5/13/2002

Thats the MS ones (effectively), they're fine.

The latest nVidia SW ones are 4.12, the UDP 3.13 includes 3.66

> NVIDIA MPC Network Controller
> Driver 3.4.6.0 dated 6/7/2003

UDP 3.13 includes 3.63

> NVIDIA Audio Codec
> Driver 6.14.431.0 dated 3/3/2004

3.13s include 3.66, latest is 4.31

> NVIDIA nForceMPC Audio
> Driver 6.14.431.0 dated 3/3/2004

Same as above

> NVIDIA PCI
> Driver 3.3.8.0 dated 4/9/2003

Hmm, I wonder what this is?

> NVIDIA AGP to PCI
> Driver 3.3.4.0 dated 3/19/2003

3.13s include 3.34 - you're up to date on this one!

> Talk about confusing!!!
>
> Do I need to update Unified Drivers??

Thats a matter of personal preference. I'd update to the 3.13s.

Well, in fact, I've updated to the beta ones too (Audio, IDE)... But I
haven't restarted Windows yet.

Ben

I just installed the 3.13s, and I am amazed at the
change!............either I am hallucinating, or everything seems
faster..........including boot time. Is this possible?

Thanks Ben!

Wildbill wrote:
> I just installed the 3.13s, and I am amazed at the
> change!............either I am hallucinating, or everything seems
> faster..........including boot time. Is this possible?
>
> Thanks Ben!

It is possible, but I wouldn't have said that the new drivers would make a
noticeable difference is boot time.

Glad you're pleased.

Ben

Latest posts