HP Laserjet 1300 and DOS

I've got a big problem. I've just bought hp laserjet 1300 for my
neighbour. And now I've got problem with printing under DOS. He has
some technical program for florists, and it works only under DOS.
There is option, to change printer, but I can choose only between IBM
and printing to file. How can I install this printer under DOS?? (it
works as IBM, but there are problems with margins).
Tomekk
2 answers Last reply
More about laserjet 1300

    tomekk@net2u.pl (Tomekk) wrote in message news:<ef5aa577.0404092322.1445b9a9@posting.google.com>...
    > I've got a big problem. I've just bought hp laserjet 1300 for my
    > neighbour. And now I've got problem with printing under DOS. He has
    > some technical program for florists, and it works only under DOS.
    > There is option, to change printer, but I can choose only between IBM
    > and printing to file. How can I install this printer under DOS?? (it
    > works as IBM, but there are problems with margins).
    > Tomekk

    Does it say "IBM" or something more specific?
    Is there a setting for page size -- possibly it's set for a larger
    page.

    Are you sure it doesn't have any other printer drivers available? Does
    he still have the install disks for the program? Maybe other drivers
    are there. The 1300 can print either PCL (Eg, compatible with
    HPII/HPIII/HP4, etc) or PostScript (compatible with LaserWriter),
    which many DOS apps can use.

    If it's printing plain text, there are fairly simple ways to take its
    output, format it and pipe it to the printer.

    Read a thread I started 2-3 days ago titled "COPY /B a.dat LPT1: to USB -
    How?"

    It has some neat suggestions, including use of software called Printfile

    http://www.lerup.com/printfile/

    --
    Aloke
    ----

    "Tomekk" <tomekk@net2u.pl> wrote in message
    > I've got a big problem. I've just bought hp laserjet 1300 for my
    > neighbour. And now I've got problem with printing under DOS. He has
    > some technical program for florists, and it works only under DOS.
    > There is option, to change printer, but I can choose only between IBM
    > and printing to file. How can I install this printer under DOS?? (it
    > works as IBM, but there are problems with margins).

Printers DOS Hewlett Packard Laserjet Peripherals