HP Laserjet 1300 and DOS

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
April 10, 2004 4:22:26 AM

I've got a big problem. I've just bought hp laserjet 1300 for my
neighbour. And now I've got problem with printing under DOS. He has
some technical program for florists, and it works only under DOS.
There is option, to change printer, but I can choose only between IBM
and printing to file. How can I install this printer under DOS?? (it
works as IBM, but there are problems with margins).
Tomekk

More about : laserjet 1300 dos

April 10, 2004 4:00:34 PM

tomekk@net2u.pl (Tomekk) wrote in message news:<ef5aa577.0404092322.1445b9a9@posting.google.com>...
> I've got a big problem. I've just bought hp laserjet 1300 for my
> neighbour. And now I've got problem with printing under DOS. He has
> some technical program for florists, and it works only under DOS.
> There is option, to change printer, but I can choose only between IBM
> and printing to file. How can I install this printer under DOS?? (it
> works as IBM, but there are problems with margins).
> Tomekk

Does it say "IBM" or something more specific?
Is there a setting for page size -- possibly it's set for a larger
page.

Are you sure it doesn't have any other printer drivers available? Does
he still have the install disks for the program? Maybe other drivers
are there. The 1300 can print either PCL (Eg, compatible with
HPII/HPIII/HP4, etc) or PostScript (compatible with LaserWriter),
which many DOS apps can use.

If it's printing plain text, there are fairly simple ways to take its
output, format it and pipe it to the printer.
Anonymous
April 10, 2004 5:30:54 PM

Read a thread I started 2-3 days ago titled "COPY /B a.dat LPT1: to USB -
How?"

It has some neat suggestions, including use of software called Printfile

http://www.lerup.com/printfile/

--
Aloke
----