  • Belkin
  • Wireless Networking
Last response: in Wireless Networking
November 28, 2004 10:14:29 AM

Hi All
I am having real snags setting up the following:
I have a PC using XP Pro, and a laptop using XP Home (both SP2) that i
would like to set up both in a wireless network using the following
cards and router/modem I have bought:
1. Belkin 802.11g wireless Notebook Network Card
2. Belkin 802.11g Desktop Network Card
3. Belkin 802.11g ADSL Router/Modem - F57630-4A

I connected the router to the mains and the phone line and got the
lights I was expecting from the manual.
I installed the network cards successfully into both the PC and laptop
successfully. From the PC I logged into 192.168.2.1 for the router
interface, and set the parameters needed.
However, after about 5 minutes, the router seems to lock and I cannot
navigate the router anymore. I reinstalled the network card, and reset
the router and was able to reconnect to the router but the same thing
happened after about 5 min again.
I then did the same from the laptop, and after about 5 minutes the
same thing happened.
When I tried 192.168.2.1 from the pc, i got a "Duplicate
Administrator" error and was unable to connect to the router
interface, even when the laptop was powered down.
Also, when I log out from the laptop or the PC, and login again, the
connection to the network is lost, and cannot be reestablished until I
reinstall everything again.
For info, at the moment, both the PC and the laptop are right next to
the router.
Also, with respect to the parameters, I can see where to enter the ISP
username and password, but nowhere to enter the Server IP address or
subnet masks.

Any help here please would be very much appreciated. I am going to try
another router, but do wonder if this is the problem.

Many thanks in advance

Matt

More about : belkin wireless network problems

Anonymous
December 1, 2004 6:33:18 PM

From the information that you have provided, it appears that your access
point is locking up after five minutes. Belkin may be aware of the problem
and may have a firmware fix for their device. Visit their website and check
if there is an updated firmware available. You will need to know the
current firmware version on your access point prior to checking.

--
Jerry Peterson
Windows Network Services - Wireless

!