IntelliMouse Explorer 4.0 Problem

Hi all,

I replaced my beloved old IntelliMouse Explorer with the new version 4.0
(Tilt-Wheel-Technology) today, and though it is more precise than the old
one, it has one HUGE problem in games.

I use the mouse wheel Up/Down to change the previous/next weapons in first
person games. The wheel on the old mouse had definite "clicks", and each
click meant traversing ONE WEAPON at a time. But this wheel has no "clicks"
(stages), and often, even if I hardly scroll it at all, it switches 2 or 3
weapons at a time, even though the mouse scrolling speed it set to its
lowest. Point is, one cannot predict which weapon it will be switching to.
In a game like UT2004 this often means certain death! Also, the middle mouse
button is extremely stiff - you need to REALLY press down hard before it
works, also a problem in games.

Anybody perhaps found a solution for these problem(s)?

Thanks a lot
Chris.
2 answers Last reply
More about intellimouse explorer problem

    "Chris" <praetor@starmail.co.za> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I replaced my beloved old IntelliMouse Explorer with the new version 4.0
    > (Tilt-Wheel-Technology) today, and though it is more precise than the old
    > one, it has one HUGE problem in games.
    >
    > I use the mouse wheel Up/Down to change the previous/next weapons in first
    > person games. The wheel on the old mouse had definite "clicks", and each
    > click meant traversing ONE WEAPON at a time. But this wheel has no
    "clicks"
    > (stages), and often, even if I hardly scroll it at all, it switches 2 or 3
    > weapons at a time, even though the mouse scrolling speed it set to its
    > lowest. Point is, one cannot predict which weapon it will be switching to.
    > In a game like UT2004 this often means certain death! Also, the middle
    mouse
    > button is extremely stiff - you need to REALLY press down hard before it
    > works, also a problem in games.
    >
    > Anybody perhaps found a solution for these problem(s)?
    >
    > Thanks a lot
    > Chris.

    -----------------
    I have a similar problem with the MS Desktop Optical Wireless kbd/mouse
    combo and Intellipoint 5.0 software. I was unable to scroll pages while
    viewing a PDF file. I, also, had set the scroll speed to minimum. I found
    it impossible to scroll one page at a time. Missing completely from the
    mouse wheel operation was line scrolling in the PDF file but the line
    scrolling was available in MS Word. Clearly a software bug.
    I removed the MS software and used the generic PS/2 driver that WinXP
    installs. Scrolling is now normal but without the full features of the
    mouse.
    Don F

    Thanks for the info.

    I returned the mouse, so please ignore this post.

    Thanks
    Chris.

    =============================

    "Chris" <praetor@starmail.co.za> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I replaced my beloved old IntelliMouse Explorer with the new version 4.0
    > (Tilt-Wheel-Technology) today, and though it is more precise than the old
    > one, it has one HUGE problem in games.
    >
    > I use the mouse wheel Up/Down to change the previous/next weapons in first
    > person games. The wheel on the old mouse had definite "clicks", and each
    > click meant traversing ONE WEAPON at a time. But this wheel has no
    "clicks"
    > (stages), and often, even if I hardly scroll it at all, it switches 2 or 3
    > weapons at a time, even though the mouse scrolling speed it set to its
    > lowest. Point is, one cannot predict which weapon it will be switching to.
    > In a game like UT2004 this often means certain death! Also, the middle
    mouse
    > button is extremely stiff - you need to REALLY press down hard before it
    > works, also a problem in games.
    >
    > Anybody perhaps found a solution for these problem(s)?
    >
    > Thanks a lot
    > Chris.

Mice Games Explorer Windows XP