Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Hi all,

I replaced my beloved old IntelliMouse Explorer with the new version 4.0
(Tilt-Wheel-Technology) today, and though it is more precise than the old
one, it has one HUGE problem in games.

I use the mouse wheel Up/Down to change the previous/next weapons in first
person games. The wheel on the old mouse had definite "clicks", and each
click meant traversing ONE WEAPON at a time. But this wheel has no "clicks"
(stages), and often, even if I hardly scroll it at all, it switches 2 or 3
weapons at a time, even though the mouse scrolling speed it set to its
lowest. Point is, one cannot predict which weapon it will be switching to.
In a game like UT2004 this often means certain death! Also, the middle mouse
button is extremely stiff - you need to REALLY press down hard before it
works, also a problem in games.

Anybody perhaps found a solution for these problem(s)?

Thanks a lot
Chris.

"Chris" <praetor@starmail.co.za> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I replaced my beloved old IntelliMouse Explorer with the new version 4.0
> (Tilt-Wheel-Technology) today, and though it is more precise than the old
> one, it has one HUGE problem in games.
>
> I use the mouse wheel Up/Down to change the previous/next weapons in first
> person games. The wheel on the old mouse had definite "clicks", and each
> click meant traversing ONE WEAPON at a time. But this wheel has no
"clicks"
> (stages), and often, even if I hardly scroll it at all, it switches 2 or 3
> weapons at a time, even though the mouse scrolling speed it set to its
> lowest. Point is, one cannot predict which weapon it will be switching to.
> In a game like UT2004 this often means certain death! Also, the middle
mouse
> button is extremely stiff - you need to REALLY press down hard before it
> works, also a problem in games.
>
> Anybody perhaps found a solution for these problem(s)?
>
> Thanks a lot
> Chris.

-----------------
I have a similar problem with the MS Desktop Optical Wireless kbd/mouse
combo and Intellipoint 5.0 software. I was unable to scroll pages while
viewing a PDF file. I, also, had set the scroll speed to minimum. I found
it impossible to scroll one page at a time. Missing completely from the
mouse wheel operation was line scrolling in the PDF file but the line
scrolling was available in MS Word. Clearly a software bug.
I removed the MS software and used the generic PS/2 driver that WinXP
installs. Scrolling is now normal but without the full features of the
mouse.
Don F

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Thanks for the info.

I returned the mouse, so please ignore this post.

Thanks
Chris.