P2b-f + Slot-T+ CPU-temp

On my P2b-f I get only readings of the mobo temp. NOT of the CPU. Is this
normal?
Is there a remedy? I have a P3b-f, same configuration, which does not have
the issue. CPU is a Celeron 1400, not overclocked. Is a temp between 39 - 45
degrees
Celsius acceptable?

Jan

--
"Talente finden Lösungen, Genies entdecken Probleme."

Jan Jansen schrieb:

> On my P2b-f I get only readings of the mobo temp. NOT of the CPU. Is this
> normal?

Yes. The P2B-F does not yet read the thermal diode within the CPU.
(Instead, you have to use a thermal probe stuck to the heatsink. The
important part is a 10kOhm @ 25°C thermistor there.)

> Is there a remedy? I have a P3b-f, same configuration, which does not have
> the issue.

That one does read the diode temp.

> CPU is a Celeron 1400, not overclocked. Is a temp between 39 - 45
> degrees
> Celsius acceptable?

Yes. For some fun, you may want to play with the VCore setting (I hope
the Slot-T does allow jumpering this), maybe later Tualatins hit 1.4
with 1.30 V. (Keep an eye on stability and performance.) Less stress for
the core voltage regulators is always a good thing.

Stephan
--
Meine Andere Seite: http://stephan.win31.de/
PC#6: i440BX, 2xCel300A, 512 MiB, 18+80 GB, R9k AGP 64 MiB, 110W

Now that you mentioned it. I had a thermistor attached to my old PIII 450
once. Always thought it was for measuring mobo temp. Seemed more logical to
me. As it would not stick to the heatsink any more I left it out. Now I know
why I had such a low
CPU temp (28C). LOL.
Thanks for the info.

Jan

--
"Talente finden Lösungen, Genies entdecken Probleme."