Floppy Disk Drive

When i insert disk the message"disk in drive A not
formatted would you like to format now?" appears,but
after trying to format,message says,"disk cannot be
formatted" or "unexpected I/O error has occurred".I have
tried the disks in another pc running xp professional
with no problems,and this has only just started on my pc
using xp home.Any help please!

I have the same problem - have you resolved this yet ?
I'd be grateful if you sent a reply saying what happened.

regards

Rockywr2

Replace the floppy drive. They cost about $20.00

steve