Floppy Disk Drive

When i insert disk the message"disk in drive A not
formatted would you like to format now?" appears,but
after trying to format,message says,"disk cannot be
formatted" or "unexpected I/O error has occurred".I have
tried the disks in another pc running xp professional
with no problems,and this has only just started on my pc
using xp home.Any help please!
2 answers Last reply
More about floppy disk drive

    I have the same problem - have you resolved this yet ?
    I'd be grateful if you sent a reply saying what happened.

    regards

    Rockywr2

    Replace the floppy drive. They cost about $20.00

    steve

    "Jon Watts" <jonwatts@clara.co.uk> wrote in message
    > When i insert disk the message"disk in drive A not
    > formatted would you like to format now?" appears,but
    > after trying to format,message says,"disk cannot be
    > formatted" or "unexpected I/O error has occurred".I have
    > tried the disks in another pc running xp professional
    > with no problems,and this has only just started on my pc
    > using xp home.Any help please!

Floppy Disk Windows XP