A7N8X-E Deluxe and DTV Tuner card

Hi.

I have an A7N8X-E Deluxe with a 3200 processor, 1GB RAM in dual channel
mode, and a WD 200GB SATA HD.

I just purchased a VisionPlus DTV Terrestial PCI card. The picture is
hesitating intermittently as I watch telecasts. Are there any special
settings on the mobo or XP which I have to modify to stop that?

Thank you in advance.

Henry.

Paul

Splendid

In article <406e0e7b$0$16579$5a62ac22@freenews.iinet.net.au>, "Henry
Mydlarz" <henspammyd@optushome.com.au> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I have an A7N8X-E Deluxe with a 3200 processor, 1GB RAM in dual channel
> mode, and a WD 200GB SATA HD.
>
> I just purchased a VisionPlus DTV Terrestial PCI card. The picture is
> hesitating intermittently as I watch telecasts. Are there any special
> settings on the mobo or XP which I have to modify to stop that?
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Henry.

I expect this is just an encoder card ? It probably works by converting
the analog signal from the onboard tuner, into an MPEG stream, writes
it to disk. Then, a software decoder reads the data from the disk
and displays the picture on your monitor.

Maybe it would work smoother, if you recorded the content to disk first.
After the broadcast is completely recorded, play it back using the
software decoder/viewer application. Then, there will be less
conflict over resources in the machine.

If you want to watch live, could you set up a ramdisk, and point
the software to that disk ? Maybe a ramdisk would reduce the
side effects of the conflict for resources. I have seen a freeware
ramdisk before, so you shouldn't have to pay money for one. (This
assumes, though, that you aren't trying to record at the same time,
as a ramdisk is not going to be big enough for much quality video.)

Just a theory,
Paul