I will try to be as brief as possible... I have hardware that the computer says isnt connected.. it used to work untill i did a recovery.. I checked my BIOS and my USB ports said ENABLED...i just found a cd titled MAINBOARD (I've no one to help me) .. i downloaded the drivers but I am stopped because it asks for a PATH .. an OS path .. I don't know what to type in there.. i did browse at files but i kept getting a stop message that none so far are correct path.. I have been trying to connect a cam and my scanner for over a month and am now soooo weary from all these things that are set backs for me. The multimedia controllers are 1-not configured and 2nd- non exsistant ... ..i'm guessing because i've no drivers installed.. please help..i can't even figure out how to use this message board right .. and i think MICROSOFT should have what AOL has >> FREE 24 / 7 LIVE TECH HELP for people like me.. if you can help me with finding the PATH i need thank you.. i only fear that the next step will be another block for me .. all help appreciated

Ron

A few questions:

You are connecting a USB camera and a USB scanner ?

Is windows finding these devices and asking you for drivers ?

What motherboard do you have ?

"joeysaut" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I will try to be as brief as possible... I have hardware that the computer
>says isnt connected.. it used to work untill i did a recovery.. I checked
>my BIOS and my USB ports said ENABLED...i just found a cd titled MAINBOARD
>(I've no one to help me) .. i downloaded the drivers but I am stopped
>because it asks for a PATH .. an OS path .. I don't know what to type in
>there.. i did browse at files but i kept getting a stop message that none
>so far are correct path.. I have been trying to connect a cam and my
>scanner for over a month and am now soooo weary from all these things that
>are set backs for me. The multimedia controllers are 1-not configured and
>2nd- non exsistant ... ..i'm guessing because i've no drivers installed..
>please help..i can't even figure out how to use this message board right ..
>and i think MICROSOFT should have what AOL has >> FREE 24 / 7 LIVE TECH
>HELP for people like me.. if you can help me with finding the PATH i need
>thank you.. i only fear that the next step will be another block for me ..
>all help appreciated

TY for quick respose !! .. yes the cam and scanner are USB connected .. windows just says NOT CONNECTED and my mother board is P4VXMS > P4 Mainboard (Micro ATX) , which i have the cd for .. downloaded and am stuck needing an OS PATH to type in before i can set it up ..or go another scarey step .. btw my name is gigi

Often the best thing to do is open the device manager and
delete all the USB ports, hubs and devices. Then reboot and
the correct drivers will be loaded for the hubs and ports.
The install the devices one at a time and get them to
configure one at a time.

But legislators see it as an obstacle to be overcome.

| TY for quick respose !! .. yes the cam and scanner are USB
connected .. windows just says NOT CONNECTED and my mother
board is P4VXMS > P4 Mainboard (Micro ATX) , which i have
the cd for .. downloaded and am stuck needing an OS PATH to
type in before i can set it up ..or go another scarey step
... btw my name is gigi

BTW, the motherboard driver CD, should have a setup.exe
which will run the driver install .

Nice name.

"joeysaut" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
| TY for quick respose !! .. yes the cam and scanner are USB
connected .. windows just says NOT CONNECTED and my mother
board is P4VXMS > P4 Mainboard (Micro ATX) , which i have
the cd for .. downloaded and am stuck needing an OS PATH to
type in before i can set it up ..or go another scarey step
... btw my name is gigi

Ron

Hi Gigi,
Like JIm said - the USB drivers will be on the cd. When Windows restrats
after you have deleted or uninstalled the USB devices, direct it to the cd
and look for USB drivers.

The other problem is that Windows may be looking for either the camera or
Scanner drivers. Make sure you use the cd that came with each of those
devices to install the drivers.

Ron
> BTW, the motherboard driver CD, should have a setup.exe
> which will run the driver install .
>
> Nice name.

> "joeysaut" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message
> | TY for quick respose !! .. yes the cam and scanner are USB
> connected .. windows just says NOT CONNECTED and my mother
> board is P4VXMS > P4 Mainboard (Micro ATX) , which i have
> the cd for .. downloaded and am stuck needing an OS PATH to
> type in before i can set it up ..or go another scarey step
> .. btw my name is gigi

"joeysaut" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I will try to be as brief as possible... I have hardware that the computer
says isnt connected.. it used to work untill i did a recovery.. I checked my
BIOS and my USB ports said ENABLED...i just found a cd titled MAINBOARD
(I've no one to help me) .. i downloaded the drivers but I am stopped
because it asks for a PATH .. an OS path .. I don't know what to type in
there.. i did browse at files but i kept getting a stop message that none so
far are correct path.. I have been trying to connect a cam and my scanner
for over a month and am now soooo weary from all these things that are set
backs for me. The multimedia controllers are 1-not configured and 2nd- non
exsistant ... ..i'm guessing because i've no drivers installed.. please
help..i can't even figure out how to use this message board right .. and i
think MICROSOFT should have what AOL has >> FREE 24 / 7 LIVE TECH HELP for
people like me.. if you can help me with finding the PATH i need thank you..
i only fear that the next step will be another block for me .. all help
appreciated

As another respondent said, we're not sure what driver windows is asking
for. So I would first remove the scanner and camera. Boot the PC then go
into device manager and make sure there are no red or yellow marks. If so
put in the mainboard cd and let it autostart or navigate to and run the
"setup" program.
The object is to correct or clear up one thing at a time. So far so
good? Then plug one of your USB devices in and insert the cd for it and let
it autorun or again navigate to it and run the setup program. Test the
device and make sure it operates. Then go to the second USB device and
repeat.

Good Luck
JoBo

Well, thank you all very much.. do I understand ?? .. well, I'm trying . This is very hard for me. I just found out that I do not have USB Controller .. can we start with that? After I run the Mainboard CD I am prompted to type in a PATH for devices . I don't know what to type in.. I clicked browse and tried everything that was listed but it showed a "STOP" message ( because they aren't the right answers) so of course that ends it for the installation . I also get a "Found New Hardware Wizard" message EVERYTIME i log into Windows, that asks me to insert a cd . Well I tried the cam cd but it didn't work... IN my device manager it has 3 yellow question marks .. one at: Other Devices, one at : Multimedia Controller, and one at : Multimedia Video Controller. When i click properties it says : Video Controller is not configured properly and Multimedia Video Controller is NOT INSTALLED .. I do not have any cds that are called multi media controller .. what am i not understanding here ??.. it prompts me to insert software .. i would if i knew which software. Thanks again for being patient and please don't give up on me . =-)

Maybe it is detecting the USB Controller YOU DON'T HAVE.
Point the request for software to a downloaded USB drivers
set (from the mobo mfg'r) if you don't have a mobo CD.

If you don't have a USB Controllert you certainly can't
install a USB camera.

| Well, thank you all very much.. do I understand ?? ..
well, I'm trying . This is very hard for me. I just found
out that I do not have USB Controller .. can we start with
that? After I run the Mainboard CD I am prompted to type in
a PATH for devices . I don't know what to type in.. I
clicked browse and tried everything that was listed but it
showed a "STOP" message ( because they aren't the right
answers) so of course that ends it for the installation . I
also get a "Found New Hardware Wizard" message EVERYTIME i
log into Windows, that asks me to insert a cd . Well I tried
the cam cd but it didn't work... IN my device manager it has
3 yellow question marks .. one at: Other Devices, one at :
Multimedia Controller, and one at : Multimedia Video
Controller. When i click properties it says : Video
Controller is not configured properly and Multimedia Video
Controller is NOT INSTALLED .. I do not have any cds that
are called multi media controller .. what am i not
understanding here ??.. it prompts me to insert software ..
i would if i knew which software. Thanks again for being
patient and please don't give up on me . =-)

Hey Jim .. you sure help alot of people !! I need to ask something (please don't roll yer eyes ) but .. what is mobo ?

Short for motherboard. Maybe main-board.

| Hey Jim .. you sure help alot of people !! I need to ask
something (please don't roll yer eyes ) but .. what is mobo
?

Hi Jim .. Well, after I asked the last question and logged off I figured out that mobo.. DOHHH !! .. ok here's the scoop : I do have the mobo cd. I downloaded it and just chose the drivers (devices) to start , whereas I was asked to type in a "path".. I looked at the "Browse" list and all the ones there that I clicked on and "sent" into the "typed area" got me a "STOP" message because they weren't correct .. I am stuck at that point. If I had the right path, I could proceed on that mobo cd... any suggestions ?? .. Thank you again !!!

Open the device manager, highlight the different devices,
such as USB or video, select properties, update drivers.
Then point to the files you downloaded to your hard drive.
Often the drivers files are self-installing, look in the
files you downloaded for files that could be install
wizards. There should be some "readme" files or
instructions on the website where you downloaded the files.

Hope that helps.

BTW, mobo=motherboard (common usage)
mfg'r = manufacturer (don't know if that is common, I use
it)