Sick of people not playing properly

I was just playing CS:S, on the dust map, and the terrorist team kept
camping around the tunnel area until the time ran out. They did this
every single round.

Why in the hell do these idiots even play CS? They have no understanding
of the point of the game. Why don't they go and play deathmatch?
9 answers Last reply
More about sick people playing properly

    "windsor" <fake@email.com> wrote in message
    > I was just playing CS:S, on the dust map, and the terrorist team kept
    > camping around the tunnel area until the time ran out. They did this
    > every single round.
    >
    > Why in the hell do these idiots even play CS? They have no understanding
    > of the point of the game. Why don't they go and play deathmatch?

    Because when you die you are out....for a whole 3mins max!

    Of course camping and losing is far more boring than rushing and losing (or
    .....possibly winning?).

    Basically, most people are pussies.

    "windsor" <fake@email.com> wrote in message
    >I was just playing CS:S, on the dust map, and the terrorist team
    >kept camping around the tunnel area until the time ran out. They did
    >this every single round.
    >
    > Why in the hell do these idiots even play CS? They have no
    > understanding of the point of the game. Why don't they go and play
    > deathmatch?

    Sounds like you need to check out our server. We encourage (with
    strictly enforced rules) teams to play their role. On de_maps, we
    expect the CTs to defend bombsites and the Ts to attempt to plant the
    bomb. On cs_maps, we expect CTs to attempt to rescue the hostages,
    and the Ts to closely guard against their rescue. Fragmonkeying
    deathmatch players are not tolerated on our server. We don't
    tolerate disrespectful or offensive players, either.

    It's not for everybody, but a LOT of people think our server is the
    best thing since sliced bread. I must warn you that we have a
    reserved slot system, whereby members of our community that
    contribute financially ($8.95 a month) will bump non-paying members
    and pub players that are on our server. As long as the server isn't
    full of paying members, however, our server is free to the public!
    If you're really sick of people that don't understand the concept
    that CS was designed for (objective-based teamplay), then I suggest
    you check out our server and/or website. You can find both in my sig
    line.
    --
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    CingularDuality

    > Sounds like you need to check out our server. We encourage (with
    > strictly enforced rules) teams to play their role. On de_maps, we
    > expect the CTs to defend bombsites and the Ts to attempt to plant the
    > bomb. On cs_maps, we expect CTs to attempt to rescue the hostages,
    > and the Ts to closely guard against their rescue. Fragmonkeying
    > deathmatch players are not tolerated on our server. We don't
    > tolerate disrespectful or offensive players, either.

    Thanks for that... I was just playing on it, it's a really good server.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    Lief wrote:
    > "windsor" <fake@email.com> wrote in message
    >> I was just playing CS:S, on the dust map, and the terrorist team kept
    >> camping around the tunnel area until the time ran out. They did this
    >> every single round.
    >>
    >> Why in the hell do these idiots even play CS? They have no
    >> understanding of the point of the game. Why don't they go and play
    >> deathmatch?
    >
    > Because when you die you are out....for a whole 3mins max!
    >
    > Of course camping and losing is far more boring than rushing and
    > losing (or ....possibly winning?).
    >
    > Basically, most people are pussies.

    Find another server, my browser lists about 5200 that are not password
    protected. There are obviously many which would be too far away but I'm sure
    you get my point.

    --
    damien clan .
    @ mcbain com

    there's no place like 127.0.0.1
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    Why is so much money given at the start? Players should have to earn
    their money.

    > Sounds like you need to check out our server. We encourage (with
    > strictly enforced rules) teams to play their role. On de_maps, we
    > expect the CTs to defend bombsites and the Ts to attempt to plant the
    > bomb. On cs_maps, we expect CTs to attempt to rescue the hostages,
    > and the Ts to closely guard against their rescue. Fragmonkeying
    > deathmatch players are not tolerated on our server. We don't
    > tolerate disrespectful or offensive players, either.
    >
    > It's not for everybody, but a LOT of people think our server is the
    > best thing since sliced bread. I must warn you that we have a
    > reserved slot system, whereby members of our community that
    > contribute financially ($8.95 a month) will bump non-paying members
    > and pub players that are on our server. As long as the server isn't
    > full of paying members, however, our server is free to the public!
    > If you're really sick of people that don't understand the concept
    > that CS was designed for (objective-based teamplay), then I suggest
    > you check out our server and/or website. You can find both in my sig
    > line.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    "Smith" <fake@email.com> wrote in message

    > Why is so much money given at the start? Players should have to
    > earn their money.

    Says who? Because that's how everyone else plays it?

    Honestly, it's for various reasons. If it were real life, would
    there be a pistol round? $2300 gives you a tactical decision to make
    right off the bat: do you want a pistol, helmet, vest, ammo and
    grenade, or just a smg and ammo? $800 doesn't give you that option,
    so the first round always ends up being a bunch of people running
    around waving pistols...
    --
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    CingularDuality
    TacticalGamer.com Administration
    http://www.TacticalGamer.com
    CS:Source server: 67.19.90.171:27017
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    > Honestly, it's for various reasons. If it were real life, would
    > there be a pistol round? $2300 gives you a tactical decision to make
    > right off the bat: do you want a pistol, helmet, vest, ammo and
    > grenade, or just a smg and ammo? $800 doesn't give you that option,
    > so the first round always ends up being a bunch of people running
    > around waving pistols...

    I started on $7500 as soon as I joined the server.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    windsor wrote:

    >> Honestly, it's for various reasons. If it were real life, would there
    >> be a pistol round? $2300 gives you a tactical decision to make right
    >> off the bat: do you want a pistol, helmet, vest, ammo and grenade, or
    >> just a smg and ammo? $800 doesn't give you that option, so the first
    >> round always ends up being a bunch of people running around waving
    >> pistols...
    >

    > I started on $7500 as soon as I joined the server.

    I keep getting my names mixed up... smith = windsor.

    btw I just tried again and I started on $7850
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    >> I started on $7500 as soon as I joined the server.
    >
    > I keep getting my names mixed up... smith = windsor.
    >
    > btw I just tried again and I started on $7850

    Are you talking about the Tactical Gamer server? If you join at the
    beginning of a map, you may have $4600 for the dead round (which will
    only last for 15 seconds, so it doesn't matter.). For the first
    round, you should have $2300. If you join the server after people
    have already been playing, then your starting money depends on how
    your team did during the previous round. That's the same regardless
    of which server you play on, I believe...
    --
    CingularDuality
    TacticalGamer.com Administration
    http://www.TacticalGamer.com