Hawking HSB1 Signal Booster

Jim

Has anyone tried the new Hawking Technologies wireless HSB1 Signal Booster?
It looks promising but would like to know before I buy.
Thanks
Jim

Hello Jim:

I finally got my hands on a HSB1 and was able
to compare it to the Renasis BA24j booster I
was using previously. Both work fine with
both 802.11g and SuperG networks.

Generally these boosters work slightly better
than a high-gain antenna by itself because
an antenna can only redirect the energy - a
booster can actually add energy to the signal.

NOTE: I would advise caution if you plan
to attach an antenna with more than about
6 dBi of gain to the HSB1 when it is set
to 500 mW mode. (The microwave radiation
levels can become significant if you use
a high-gain antenna with a booster like
this).

TRENDING THREADS