Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Windows 7 pro 32 bit desktop freezes up

Last response: in Windows 7
January 13, 2011 6:33:07 PM

Hi,

I'm having an issue with my PC, it freezes up after 30 mins. It was over heating due to it being caked with dust bunnies. Since I've blew it out with a can of air. I've configured the power saver settings to "never" for everything.
It still freezes... BTW, I have 3GB of RAM installed....

Can someone please help me? This is very annoying I cant get my work done at home.

Thanks,

Faheem

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
January 13, 2011 8:12:15 PM

Three possibilities:
-- Since you cleaned the surfaces with canned air, check your power and data cables to be sure they are properly connected (not loose).
-- The CPU/Heatsink fan is not efficiently conducting heat away from the CPU; you could reseat the heatsink after removing it, cleaning the contact surfaces with isopropyl alcohol and applying new thermal interface material, e.g., Arctic Silver 5.
-- The PSU is not putting out sufficient current to run the computer; test it and replace it if it is bad.
a b $ Windows 7
January 16, 2011 3:30:42 PM

^
yes, what are the temps at shut down.?
Score
Related resources
January 17, 2011 2:05:05 AM

I'll have to agree with treefrog and that's more than likely, something loose. I'm basing this off of a similar experience I had with a laptop last year. If all else fails, you can try running the troubleshooter in Windows 7 and seeing if that will come up with anything: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/fe...

-- Ryan
Windows Outreach Team
Score
July 11, 2011 8:15:24 AM

Hi,

Virus, Spyware or corrupt applications can cause desktop Freezing. A poorly written program can crash the computer, causing desktop freeze followed by numerous errors. So what you need to initiate is to install a registry cleaner or smart anti-virus.

Get more information to fix Desktop Freeze Up issue :

http://www.supportdock.com/repair/desktop-freezing-up.html

Hope this information helps you.

Score
a b $ Windows 7
January 31, 2012 11:17:09 PM

Best answer selected by mousemonkey.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
January 31, 2012 11:17:21 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score