Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

I updated my pc a while ago and decided to get a new hard
drive, i can't remember exactly what the hard drive is
but it was something like a 80 gig maxtor (i think).

When i conected to my Motherboard (Gigabyte GA-7VT600
1394) i Used the SATA cables provided, it took me a while
but i sussed out that even though it never picked up the
hard drive in the Bios it picked it up when i went to C
drive and all i did then was format it and then as you
say "Bobs your uncle", i have had no problems with this
until the last few days, for some unknown reason i booted
up one day and found that i had to install a lot of my
drivers for my motherboard. I guess i must have had a
virus because i ran AVG Anti Virus and it picked up a few
Viruses, i deleted them all but now my C drive will not
pick up my SATA drive, i have used my MOBO disc and
installed all the stuff on it and still nothing, the only
thing that i can think of now is to format the HD, but
that seems a bit extreem.

Any help here would be appreciated

dl

Might try a repair install, using F6 option to install the sata drivers from
floppy

"Tony" <tonybirdie@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> I updated my pc a while ago and decided to get a new hard
> drive, i can't remember exactly what the hard drive is
> but it was something like a 80 gig maxtor (i think).
>
> When i conected to my Motherboard (Gigabyte GA-7VT600
> 1394) i Used the SATA cables provided, it took me a while
> but i sussed out that even though it never picked up the
> hard drive in the Bios it picked it up when i went to C
> drive and all i did then was format it and then as you
> say "Bobs your uncle", i have had no problems with this
> until the last few days, for some unknown reason i booted
> up one day and found that i had to install a lot of my
> drivers for my motherboard. I guess i must have had a
> virus because i ran AVG Anti Virus and it picked up a few
> Viruses, i deleted them all but now my C drive will not
> pick up my SATA drive, i have used my MOBO disc and
> installed all the stuff on it and still nothing, the only
> thing that i can think of now is to format the HD, but
> that seems a bit extreem.
>
> Any help here would be appreciated

When you say repair install do you mean put in xp disc
and then instead of fresh install use repair files.

Please explain if you dont minf.

dl

When using/installing a sata drive you have to initially install the sata
drivers from a *floppy*
Boot from winxp disk, at some point in the procedure there will be a info
msg to hit F6 to install third party drivers - if you blink you'll miss
it! - once these installed continue with repair.
I'm assuming sata drivers were lost/corrupted with yr other drivers.