corsair ram

A7N8X-E Delux wont boot with dual 256 m sticks of Corsair3200C2 ram ??
400Mhz CL2 expensive stuff.
It runs fine with 512M single corsair stick 333Mhz.

Any suggestions. Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about corsair

    "Burton Brooks" <bjbrooks@wideopenwest.com> wrote in message
    > A7N8X-E Delux wont boot with dual 256 m sticks of Corsair3200C2 ram ??
    > 400Mhz CL2 expensive stuff.
    > It runs fine with 512M single corsair stick 333Mhz.
    >
    > Any suggestions. Thanks

    Put in the 512meg stick and up the memory voltage to 2.7 or 2.8 in the bios
    shutdown and then put in the 2x256 meg sticks. They are probably just a
    little voltage starved.

    "mrgreg" <mrgreg62@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "Burton Brooks" <bjbrooks@wideopenwest.com> wrote in message
    > > A7N8X-E Delux wont boot with dual 256 m sticks of Corsair3200C2 ram ??
    > > 400Mhz CL2 expensive stuff.
    > > It runs fine with 512M single corsair stick 333Mhz.
    > >
    > > Any suggestions. Thanks
    > >
    > Put in the 512meg stick and up the memory voltage to 2.7 or 2.8 in the
    bios
    > shutdown and then put in the 2x256 meg sticks. They are probably just a
    > little voltage starved.

    Before you do that, this is a known problem with some sticks of corsair ram,
    although I thought it only applied to A7N8XD rev1.xx boards. Check here
    first http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=128

    You could try, a bit of a pain but it works for me, putting in all 3 sticks,
    or just the working ram (the 512) to get to BIOS. Then set memory to 100%,
    not spd. Switch off pc. take out the 512, put in both 256s' and reboot. If
    this doesnt work, take out the cmos battery for a few minutes and try the
    same thing again.

    Hope this helps

    Jules

Asus RAM Corsair Motherboards