Keyboard Problem

April 23, 2004 2:47:01 PM

I have an MS Wireless MultiMedia Natural Keyboard which has begun having
problems. In the last few days it has started missing letters out of
words. These are random and affect all parts of the main keybord,
including the spacebar and backspace keys as well. However, does not
appear to affect the function keys or the numeric keypad.

I have just replaced the batteries because this began happening, no
change. I did check and tried different repeat rates in the software
and that didn't help. Also downloaded and installed the latest version
(5.0) of the software and no change. Nothing has been spilled or
adversely affected this keyboard, so not sure what to try next.

Any ideas on what I can check here please?

Thanks in hopeful anticipation.

Lynn

P.S. This is a USB connected device and the Control Panel indicates that
it is working properly.

More about : keyboard problem

April 23, 2004 2:47:02 PM

Hi,

Have you tried to use this keyboard on other PC or try use other keyboard on your PC to check for the problem to ensure it is a hardware problem instead of a config/system problem.
If it is a hardware problem, MS product have 3 years free warranty if you have already registered after you bought it.

Peter

----- Lynn Q wrote: -----

[...]

Anonymous
April 23, 2004 7:00:32 PM

Peter wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Have you tried to use this keyboard on other PC or try use other keyboard on your PC to check for the problem to ensure it is a hardware problem instead of a config/system problem.
> If it is a hardware problem, MS product have 3 years free warranty if you have already registered after you bought it.
>
> Peter
>

> ----- Lynn Q wrote: -----
>
> I have an MS Wireless MultiMedia Natural Keyboard which has begun having
> problems. In the last few days it has started missing letters out of
> words. These are random and affect all parts of the main keybord,
> including the spacebar and backspace keys as well. However, does not
> appear to affect the function keys or the numeric keypad.
>
> I have just replaced the batteries because this began happening, no
> change. I did check and tried different repeat rates in the software
> and that didn't help. Also downloaded and installed the latest version
> (5.0) of the software and no change. Nothing has been spilled or
> adversely affected this keyboard, so not sure what to try next.
>
> Any ideas on what I can check here please?
>
> Thanks in hopeful anticipation.
>
> Lynn
>
> P.S. This is a USB connected device and the Control Panel indicates that
> it is working properly.

Hi again,

OK. Have now tried the MS keyboard on another (ME) computer, installed
the software, tested it... it works perfectly!

Therefore, assume problem is with config file. What can I do to remedy
the situation?

Thanks!
Anonymous
April 23, 2004 7:00:53 PM