A7N8X Dlx Rev 1.04 questions.....

Anyone out there running this board with the new XP 2500+ M chip? I know it
is an excellent overclocker and that is specifically why I am getting it,
but I do have some concerns....

Will it run on this rev (1.04) of the board, with a BIOS update?

I currently have Samsung DDR 2700 (333) running with my XP 2400 + so I am
pretty sure I have to get DDR 400 Ram.....and seeing as I want to overclock
this CPU I am thinking I should go with a better brand....and
recommendations out there? CAS Latency settings?

Lastly I was thinking about going with the Zalman Ultra Quiet Cooler, is
there anything else I should consider....?

I checked on the Asus website for chip support and the 1.04 board will run
the 3200+ that is set for 400 FSB, but it says nothing about the Mobile
chips there....

Thanks for the help..answer here or email me.....
Todd

---

Paul

Splendid

In article <wqLbc.10700$R37.4100@read1.cgocable.net>, "Todd Howard"
<dyolf_knip60@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Anyone out there running this board with the new XP 2500+ M chip? I know it
> is an excellent overclocker and that is specifically why I am getting it,
> but I do have some concerns....
>
> Will it run on this rev (1.04) of the board, with a BIOS update?
>
> I currently have Samsung DDR 2700 (333) running with my XP 2400 + so I am
> pretty sure I have to get DDR 400 Ram.....and seeing as I want to overclock
> this CPU I am thinking I should go with a better brand....and
> recommendations out there? CAS Latency settings?
>
> Lastly I was thinking about going with the Zalman Ultra Quiet Cooler, is
> there anything else I should consider....?
>
> I checked on the Asus website for chip support and the 1.04 board will run
> the 3200+ that is set for 400 FSB, but it says nothing about the Mobile
> chips there....
>
> Thanks for the help..answer here or email me.....
> Todd

Have a look in some of the private forums. There are more people
over there playing with mobiles right now. The search engine on
this forum is for registered users (i.e. didn't work for me), but
you can still read the forums as an unregistered user:

http://forums.amdmb.com/showthread.php?threadid=310884

I cannot get to this forum right now, but this would also be
a good place to search for the word "mobile":

http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/search.php

HTH,
Paul

You don't have DDR 2700, you have PC2700(166Mhz), DDR333.
PC2100 is 133MHz, DDR 266
PC3200 is 200MHz, DDR 400.
"Todd Howard" <dyolf_knip60@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Anyone out there running this board with the new XP 2500+ M chip? I know
it
> is an excellent overclocker and that is specifically why I am getting it,
> but I do have some concerns....
>
> Will it run on this rev (1.04) of the board, with a BIOS update?
>
> I currently have Samsung DDR 2700 (333) running with my XP 2400 + so I am
> pretty sure I have to get DDR 400 Ram.....and seeing as I want to
overclock
> this CPU I am thinking I should go with a better brand....and
> recommendations out there? CAS Latency settings?
>
> Lastly I was thinking about going with the Zalman Ultra Quiet Cooler, is
> there anything else I should consider....?
>
> I checked on the Asus website for chip support and the 1.04 board will run
> the 3200+ that is set for 400 FSB, but it says nothing about the Mobile
> chips there....
>
> Thanks for the help..answer here or email me.....
> Todd
>

> ---

Yes, you are right, you caught my mistake....but you knew what I meant
right? Do you have an answer for me, or do we keep picking flyshit out of
pepper? ;) (kidding).....thanks
TH
"Noomie" <noomie@creb.ca> wrote in message
> You don't have DDR 2700, you have PC2700(166Mhz), DDR333.
> PC2100 is 133MHz, DDR 266
> PC3200 is 200MHz, DDR 400.
-
> "Todd Howard" <dyolf_knip60@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Anyone out there running this board with the new XP 2500+ M chip? I know
> it
> > is an excellent overclocker and that is specifically why I am getting
it,
> > but I do have some concerns....
> >
> > Will it run on this rev (1.04) of the board, with a BIOS update?
> >
> > I currently have Samsung DDR 2700 (333) running with my XP 2400 + so I
am
> > pretty sure I have to get DDR 400 Ram.....and seeing as I want to
> overclock
> > this CPU I am thinking I should go with a better brand....and
> > recommendations out there? CAS Latency settings?
> >
> > Lastly I was thinking about going with the Zalman Ultra Quiet Cooler, is
> > there anything else I should consider....?
> >
> > I checked on the Asus website for chip support and the 1.04 board will
run
> > the 3200+ that is set for 400 FSB, but it says nothing about the Mobile
> > chips there....
> >
> > Thanks for the help..answer here or email me.....
> > Todd
> >

> > ---

---

Thanks guys, it looks like it is a roll of the dice for this rev of the
board.....
TH
> In article <wqLbc.10700$R37.4100@read1.cgocable.net>, "Todd Howard"
> <dyolf_knip60@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Anyone out there running this board with the new XP 2500+ M chip? I know
it
> > is an excellent overclocker and that is specifically why I am getting
it,
> > but I do have some concerns....
> >
> > Will it run on this rev (1.04) of the board, with a BIOS update?
> >
> > I currently have Samsung DDR 2700 (333) running with my XP 2400 + so I
am
> > pretty sure I have to get DDR 400 Ram.....and seeing as I want to
overclock
> > this CPU I am thinking I should go with a better brand....and
> > recommendations out there? CAS Latency settings?
> >
> > Lastly I was thinking about going with the Zalman Ultra Quiet Cooler, is
> > there anything else I should consider....?
> >
> > I checked on the Asus website for chip support and the 1.04 board will
run
> > the 3200+ that is set for 400 FSB, but it says nothing about the Mobile
> > chips there....
> >
> > Thanks for the help..answer here or email me.....
> > Todd
>
> Have a look in some of the private forums. There are more people
> over there playing with mobiles right now. The search engine on
> this forum is for registered users (i.e. didn't work for me), but
> you can still read the forums as an unregistered user:
>
> http://forums.amdmb.com/showthread.php?threadid=310884
>
> I cannot get to this forum right now, but this would also be
> a good place to search for the word "mobile":
>
> http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/search.php
>
> HTH,
> Paul

---

http://www.amdforums.com/

go to the ASUS forum there......................
you will get answers

Todd Howard wrote:
> Anyone out there running this board with the new XP 2500+ M chip? I
> know it is an excellent overclocker and that is specifically why I am
> getting it, but I do have some concerns....
>
> Will it run on this rev (1.04) of the board, with a BIOS update?
>
> I currently have Samsung DDR 2700 (333) running with my XP 2400 + so
> I am pretty sure I have to get DDR 400 Ram.....and seeing as I want
> to overclock this CPU I am thinking I should go with a better
> brand....and recommendations out there? CAS Latency settings?
>
> Lastly I was thinking about going with the Zalman Ultra Quiet Cooler,
> is there anything else I should consider....?
>
> I checked on the Asus website for chip support and the 1.04 board
> will run the 3200+ that is set for 400 FSB, but it says nothing about
> the Mobile chips there..

The PCB 1.04 board may not make it to 200MHz FSB. With your current PC2700
RAM you can raise the multiplier to 12x at 166MHz for 2000MHz easily enough.
Do this at the lowest CPU voltage the board supports. If it's stable, move
the
FSB to 170MHz. Test for stability. Having PC3200 RAM allows the potential of
up to 200MHz FSB speeds. In this case you'd lower the multiplier to 10x, for
starters.