a7v133 and 512mbyte dimms

Hi,

can this work? I just put 2 256 and one 512 dimm in that board and its
terribly instable. Does this board work with these?

Konstantin
--
Dipl-Inf. Konstantin Agouros aka Elwood Blues. Internet: elwood@agouros.de
Otkerstr. 28, 81547 Muenchen, Germany. Tel +49 89 69370185

AJ

>Hi,
>
>can this work? I just put 2 256 and one 512 dimm in that board and its
>terribly instable. Does this board work with these?
>
>Konstantin

I run one gig of mismatched generic. 2x 256 and another brand of 512.
This is on Win98SE and with the following changes.

Type MSCONFIG in the run line under the start menu, press enter.
Choose System ini tab, enter these two lines under vcache:

MinFileCache=51200
MaxFileCache=102400

under system.ini again choose 386enh, add:

MaxPhysPage=40000
_________________________
When your PC gives a little they give alot.
http://tinyurl.com/hhez

Max

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

"Konstantinos Agouros" <elwood@agouros.de> wrote :

> Hi, can this work? I just put 2 256 and one 512 dimm in that board
> and its terribly instable. Does this board work with these?

Hi, I did have the same problem, BUT :

- with 512+256+256 the board didn't work at all. No memory detected.

- any other combination of couples of the same 3 chips, did work succesfuly

- with another 512 chip so 512+512 that works.

The guy who sold me the second 512 chip explained me that
some types of chips aren't compatible, I am in doubt where
you can test those compatibilities. Anyway I heard of boards
working with 512x3 as stated by asus.

Maybe 512+256+256 is not even supposed to work, I don't know.

Max

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

"Konstantinos Agouros" <elwood@agouros.de> wrote :

> Hi, can this work? I just put 2 256 and one 512 dimm in that board
> and its terribly instable. Does this board work with these?

Anyway, what kind of operating system do you run ?

up to 98 there is a problem with memory over 512Mb,
not in Xp. In the bios you read correctly the amount of ram ?

maybe that works and is only a operating system problem.

If you can't switch os to test, there are memory managers
that allow 98/95 to work with memory > 512Mb

I had 2 128 + 1 512 in my board, and it had no issues. Used Micron
memory and Kingston (512).

In <c4ovnh$2kqskb$1@ID-136170.news.uni-berlin.de> "Max" <decesari@bynoi.com> writes:

>"Konstantinos Agouros" <elwood@agouros.de> wrote :
>>
>> Hi, can this work? I just put 2 256 and one 512 dimm in that board
>> and its terribly instable. Does this board work with these?
>>

>Anyway, what kind of operating system do you run ?

>up to 98 there is a problem with memory over 512Mb,
>not in Xp. In the bios you read correctly the amount of ram ?
I am running Linux on the box. However the issue is resolved.
When I booted with only one (new) 256 Linux immedeately crashed. So I
guess I found the 'bad guy'.

konstantin