WiFi Card and Case?

June 7, 2004 8:02:58 PM

Based on the input of user at this group I bought a Socket CF WiFi card from
my 2215.

Now my question is how do you carry it around? Are there any good cases out
there that store the WiFi card when it is not in use or will accompodate it
while it is inserted in the 2215?

I prefer belt clip but case-in-the-pocket is acceptable if there is a good
one that I won't likely damage.

Thank you,

CD

More about : wifi card case

Anonymous
June 8, 2004 4:32:03 AM

Naw. Just buy yourself a box of Altoids.

--

Brad Adrian, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices

"Me" <me@mail.com> wrote in message
> Based on the input of user at this group I bought a Socket CF WiFi card
from
> my 2215.
>
> Now my question is how do you carry it around? Are there any good cases
out
> there that store the WiFi card when it is not in use or will accompodate
it
> while it is inserted in the 2215?
>
> I prefer belt clip but case-in-the-pocket is acceptable if there is a good
> one that I won't likely damage.
>
> Thank you,
>
> CD

Anonymous
July 13, 2004 12:06:19 AM

earn an extra income £500 to £2000 per month visit
www.monsterlifestyle.co.uk so scary its true!!!
expansion into Europe July 2004 who do you know in Holland or Ireland please
pass onto somebody who may be able to help thankyou

> Based on the input of user at this group I bought a Socket CF WiFi card
from
> my 2215.
>
> Now my question is how do you carry it around? Are there any good cases
out
> there that store the WiFi card when it is not in use or will accompodate
it
> while it is inserted in the 2215?
>
> I prefer belt clip but case-in-the-pocket is acceptable if there is a good
> one that I won't likely damage.
>
> Thank you,
>
> CD

July 14, 2004 11:46:33 AM

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 20:06:19 +0100, "ian slater"
<ikk17slater@ukonline.co.uk> wrote:

>> Now my question is how do you carry it around? Are there any good cases
>out
>> there that store the WiFi card when it is not in use or will accompodate
>it
>> while it is inserted in the 2215?
>>
>> I prefer belt clip but case-in-the-pocket is acceptable if there is a good
>> one that I won't likely damage.

Good question...I have an Axim-3 which I use with a Socket SDIO
wireless card and have a Belkin case which has pockets for four cards.

The problem is that when the case is closed the cards are held against
the screen. They are partially covered with clear plastic but the top
of the card is exposed and rests directly against the screen making it
susceptible to scratching the screen.

Also, wifi cards, both sdio and cf, are longer/bigger/etc. than the
standard size cards cases are designed to hold.

A case needs to hold the cards completely enclosed somehow for both
protection of the card and the screen but haven't found one designed
that way yet.
July 14, 2004 7:11:27 PM

After a couple of so-so cases (they were actually camera cases) I found a
Targus universal case at Circuit City. It has a Velcro belt loop and a
little pocket inside to hold CF cards, or in my case, my CF wifi card.

Hope this helps.

John

!