missing partitions

Hello two of my partitions have disappeared. At first it
said that The file system structure on the disk is
corrupt and unusable. Please run the chkdsk utility on
the volume F:. Then when I restarted checkdisk was run
and it said it fixed the problem but when I rebooted to
of the partitions disappeared. I checked diskmanagement
and it shows up as free space. I have a 160 gig hardrive
ide pci raid split into three partitions 10 gig which is
holding windows xp professional and two second partitions
which were storage. The 10 gig is still there but the
other two are not. I also have a 80 gig and a 40 gig
hardrive along with a cdrom and a dvdrom. I do have
partition magic but I can not find a way to fix the
problem with it.

Mike N wrote:
> Hello two of my partitions have disappeared. At first it
> said that The file system structure on the disk is
> corrupt and unusable. Please run the chkdsk utility on
> the volume F:. Then when I restarted checkdisk was run
> and it said it fixed the problem but when I rebooted to
> of the partitions disappeared. I checked diskmanagement
> and it shows up as free space. I have a 160 gig hardrive
> ide pci raid split into three partitions 10 gig which is
> holding windows xp professional and two second partitions
> which were storage. The 10 gig is still there but the
> other two are not. I also have a 80 gig and a 40 gig
> hardrive along with a cdrom and a dvdrom. I do have
> partition magic but I can not find a way to fix the
> problem with it.

What version? Only 8 is completely XP-compatible. 7 is flaky 6 and earlier
are categorically *NOT*. If the partition is reading as RAW, and you don't
have anything on them you wish to save, PM's format will fix it (well 8
will. If you're not running it, I strongly advise that you upgrade). If you
need to recover the data, then try www.ontrack.com.