I loaded XP pro on my computer and I have no sound all of
a sudden. I had sound prior to installing XP pro. I
reformatted the harddrive and reloaded soundblaster just
in case it was a driver issue. Seems like all the other
drivers are ok though. I'm using desktop speakers and
made that selection in control panel/sounds. Any advice
appreciated.

Dev

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2001

/Marcie/ said:

> I loaded XP pro on my computer and I have no sound all of
> a sudden. I had sound prior to installing XP pro. I
> reformatted the harddrive and reloaded soundblaster just
> in case it was a driver issue. Seems like all the other
> drivers are ok though. I'm using desktop speakers and
> made that selection in control panel/sounds.

Try http://kellys-korner-xp.com/top10faqs.htm

"Where did my sound go?"

--
For most XP answers and tweaks...
http://dougknox.com http://aumha.org

Ok, I tried to go to the link, and I'm so confused. I
don't know what to do next. I'm not real computer savy
when it comes to stuff like this...can you explain it for
me? I'm getting frustrated cuz i had sound last week
before we reformatted. what could have happened???

Dev

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2001

/Marcie/ said:

>>/Marcie/ said:
>>
>>>I loaded XP pro on my computer and I have no sound all
>>>of a sudden. I had sound prior to installing XP pro. I
>>>reformatted the harddrive and reloaded soundblaster
>>>just in case it was a driver issue. Seems like all the
>>>other drivers are ok though. I'm using desktop speakers
>>>and made that selection in control panel/sounds.
>>
>>Try http://kellys-korner-xp.com/top10faqs.htm
>>
>>"Where did my sound go?"

> Ok, I tried to go to the link, and I'm so confused. I
> don't know what to do next. I'm not real computer savvy
> when it comes to stuff like this...can you explain it for
> me? I'm getting frustrated cuz I had sound last week
> before we reformatted. what could have happened???

If Kelly's suggestions set your mind abuzz I suggest you enlist the help
of a computer savvy friend, or a competent local shop - not a major retail
store. For a few bucks, they may help to get not only the sound but the
entire system in good shape.