clayton

I have just built 2 systems with the same motherboards and both systems do
the same thing which are:

Tried to install the onboard VGA drivers from the motherboard disk and all
of a sudden the screen flashes and then the light flashes on the monitor and
the screen is black.

So I shot over to the Elitegroup website http://www.ecs.uk.com to download
the VGA drivers for the 661FX-M motherboard
http://www.ecs.uk.com./popup/poppages/MS478.html and installed them using
the browse feature to the .inf file and same thing, the only way I can get
back into windows is to do a last known good configuration. this has got me
stumped, any idea's?

Have you installed the motherboard drivers first? It just may have an effect
on the other.

--
Regards:

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"Clayton" <claytonbNOSPAM@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
>I have just built 2 systems with the same motherboards and both systems do
>the same thing which are:
>
> Tried to install the onboard VGA drivers from the motherboard disk and all
> of a sudden the screen flashes and then the light flashes on the monitor
> and the screen is black.
>
> So I shot over to the Elitegroup website http://www.ecs.uk.com to download
> the VGA drivers for the 661FX-M motherboard
> http://www.ecs.uk.com./popup/poppages/MS478.html and installed them using
> the browse feature to the .inf file and same thing, the only way I can get
> back into windows is to do a last known good configuration. this has got
> me stumped, any idea's?

clayton

I carn't find any motherboard drivers to install

> Have you installed the motherboard drivers first? It just may have an
> effect on the other.
>
> --
> Regards:
>
> Richard Urban
>
> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)
>
> "Clayton" <claytonbNOSPAM@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
>>I have just built 2 systems with the same motherboards and both systems do
>>the same thing which are:
>>
>> Tried to install the onboard VGA drivers from the motherboard disk and
>> all of a sudden the screen flashes and then the light flashes on the
>> monitor and the screen is black.
>>
>> So I shot over to the Elitegroup website http://www.ecs.uk.com to
>> download the VGA drivers for the 661FX-M motherboard
>> http://www.ecs.uk.com./popup/poppages/MS478.html and installed them using
>> the browse feature to the .inf file and same thing, the only way I can
>> get back into windows is to do a last known good configuration. this has
>> got me stumped, any idea's?

1st - You don't have a complete model number for your M/B
2nd - I just was on the elite website and there are tons of drivers for all
of their motherboards.

If you at least gave the "complete" M/B model number, maybe someone could do
your work for you, go to their web site, find the correct page and post the
link here.

Maybe they will even download them and then e-mail them to you!

But, if you have an inclination to do it yourself, you may want to start at
their M/B download page.

OH HELL! Just go here
http://www.ecs.uk.com/popup/poppages/MotherBios.html or here

> I carn't find any motherboard drivers to install

> > Have you installed the motherboard drivers first? It just may have an
> > effect on the other.
> >
> > --
> > Regards:
> >
> > Richard Urban
> >
> > aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)
> >
> > "Clayton" <claytonbNOSPAM@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> >>I have just built 2 systems with the same motherboards and both systems
do
> >>the same thing which are:
> >>
> >> Tried to install the onboard VGA drivers from the motherboard disk and
> >> all of a sudden the screen flashes and then the light flashes on the
> >> monitor and the screen is black.
> >>
> >> So I shot over to the Elitegroup website http://www.ecs.uk.com to
> >> download the VGA drivers for the 661FX-M motherboard
> >> http://www.ecs.uk.com./popup/poppages/MS478.html and installed them
using
> >> the browse feature to the .inf file and same thing, the only way I can
> >> get back into windows is to do a last known good configuration. this
has
> >> got me stumped, any idea's?

clayton

I know where to go to download the drivers, I have already installed the
drivers off this site for the 661FX-M motherboard (this is the exact model
stamped on the motherboard itself)
Drivers I have installed seprately without any problems are the:

Sound
LAN
IDE
RAID

Isn't there 4 in 1 motherboad chipset software or is the 4 in 1 the same as
the above, ofcourse including the VGA which I can not run the setup.exe on
the motherboard disk as when I do the screen goes black.

The information on the motherboard box says
661FX-M
Chipset SIS661FX & SIS964

I must be missing something here.

> 1st - You don't have a complete model number for your M/B
> 2nd - I just was on the elite website and there are tons of drivers for
> all
> of their motherboards.
>
> If you at least gave the "complete" M/B model number, maybe someone could
> do
> your work for you, go to their web site, find the correct page and post
> the
> link here.
>
> Maybe they will even download them and then e-mail them to you!
>
> But, if you have an inclination to do it yourself, you may want to start
> at
> their M/B download page.
>
> OH HELL! Just go here
> http://www.ecs.uk.com/popup/poppages/MotherBios.html or here
> http://www.ecs.uk.com/popup/poppages/MotherBios.html
>

> --
> Regards:
>
> Richard Urban
>
> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)
>
> "Clayton" <claytonbNOSPAM@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
>> I carn't find any motherboard drivers to install
>>
>> "Richard Urban" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Have you installed the motherboard drivers first? It just may have an
>> > effect on the other.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Regards:
>> >
>> > Richard Urban
>> >
>> > aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)
>> >
>> > "Clayton" <claytonbNOSPAM@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> do

> using
> has

If you have a via chipset, definitely install the latest 4in1 hyperion
drivers. Guaranteed there are newer than came with the M/B

--

> I know where to go to download the drivers, I have already installed the
> drivers off this site for the 661FX-M motherboard (this is the exact model
> stamped on the motherboard itself)
> Drivers I have installed seprately without any problems are the:
>
> Sound
> LAN
> IDE
> RAID
>
> Isn't there 4 in 1 motherboad chipset software or is the 4 in 1 the same
as
> the above, ofcourse including the VGA which I can not run the setup.exe on
> the motherboard disk as when I do the screen goes black.
>
> The information on the motherboard box says
> 661FX-M
> Chipset SIS661FX & SIS964
>
> I must be missing something here.

> > 1st - You don't have a complete model number for your M/B
> > 2nd - I just was on the elite website and there are tons of drivers for
> > all
> > of their motherboards.
> >
> > If you at least gave the "complete" M/B model number, maybe someone
could
> > do
> > your work for you, go to their web site, find the correct page and post
> > the
> > link here.
> >
> > Maybe they will even download them and then e-mail them to you!
> >
> > But, if you have an inclination to do it yourself, you may want to start
> > at
> > their M/B download page.
> >
> > OH HELL! Just go here
> > http://www.ecs.uk.com/popup/poppages/MotherBios.html or here
> > http://www.ecs.uk.com/popup/poppages/MotherBios.html
> >

> > --
> > Regards:
> >
> > Richard Urban
> >
> > aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)
> >
> > "Clayton" <claytonbNOSPAM@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> >> I carn't find any motherboard drivers to install
> >>
> >> "Richard Urban" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > do

> > using
> > has

clayton

Sorry, I think I am mixing my chipsets here, I have the SIS chipset not VIA
when you said to install the MB software first I thought you were referring
to something like the VIA 4 in 1 or Intel chipset software, that's way I
couldn't find anything referring to the SIS chipset other than the onboard
hardware device drivers.

> If you have a via chipset, definitely install the latest 4in1 hyperion
> drivers. Guaranteed there are newer than came with the M/B
>
> --
> Regards:
>
> Richard Urban
>
> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)
>
> "Clayton" <claytonbNOSPAM@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
>> I know where to go to download the drivers, I have already installed the
>> drivers off this site for the 661FX-M motherboard (this is the exact
>> model
>> stamped on the motherboard itself)
>> Drivers I have installed seprately without any problems are the:
>>
>> Sound
>> LAN
>> IDE
>> RAID
>>
>> Isn't there 4 in 1 motherboad chipset software or is the 4 in 1 the same
> as
>> the above, ofcourse including the VGA which I can not run the setup.exe
>> on
>> the motherboard disk as when I do the screen goes black.
>>
>> The information on the motherboard box says
>> 661FX-M
>> Chipset SIS661FX & SIS964
>>
>> I must be missing something here.
>>

>> "Richard Urban" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > 1st - You don't have a complete model number for your M/B
>> > 2nd - I just was on the elite website and there are tons of drivers for
>> > all
>> > of their motherboards.
>> >
>> > If you at least gave the "complete" M/B model number, maybe someone
> could
>> > do
>> > your work for you, go to their web site, find the correct page and post
>> > the
>> > link here.
>> >
>> > Maybe they will even download them and then e-mail them to you!
>> >
>> > But, if you have an inclination to do it yourself, you may want to
>> > start
>> > at
>> > their M/B download page.
>> >
>> > OH HELL! Just go here
>> > http://www.ecs.uk.com/popup/poppages/MotherBios.html or here
>> > http://www.ecs.uk.com/popup/poppages/MotherBios.html
>> >

>> > --
>> > Regards:
>> >
>> > Richard Urban
>> >
>> > aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)
>> >
>> > "Clayton" <claytonbNOSPAM@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message

> systems
>> > do

> and

>> > using
> can
>> > has

clayton

But looking in the back of the MB manual it shows running setup of VIA
Service Pack 4.28V, looks like it refers to another type mb

> Sorry, I think I am mixing my chipsets here, I have the SIS chipset not
> VIA when you said to install the MB software first I thought you were
> referring to something like the VIA 4 in 1 or Intel chipset software,
> that's way I couldn't find anything referring to the SIS chipset other
> than the onboard hardware device drivers.

>> If you have a via chipset, definitely install the latest 4in1 hyperion
>> drivers. Guaranteed there are newer than came with the M/B
>>
>> --
>> Regards:
>>
>> Richard Urban
>>
>> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)
>>
>> "Clayton" <claytonbNOSPAM@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
>>> I know where to go to download the drivers, I have already installed the
>>> drivers off this site for the 661FX-M motherboard (this is the exact
>>> model
>>> stamped on the motherboard itself)
>>> Drivers I have installed seprately without any problems are the:
>>>
>>> Sound
>>> LAN
>>> IDE