changing the HD partition's file system

Hi,
My HD has two partitions one has the NTFS file system and the other one have the ext3 file system...
I want to cahnge the first one from NTFS to FAT or FAT32 how can I do that? and will it erase everything on my Hard-drive?

thanks SIJP.

You can convert from FAT32 to NTFS, but not the other way around. It requires a format, and yes, you would erase your hard drive.
Is there a particular reason you want to do this?
Coach Ed

----- sijp wrote: -----

Hi,
My HD has two partitions one has the NTFS file system and the other one have the ext3 file system...
I want to cahnge the first one from NTFS to FAT or FAT32 how can I do that? and will it erase everything on my Hard-drive?

thanks SIJP.

Mike

Splendid

If the NTFS partition has the OS on it, no you can't without starting over..