"Rundll" error on startup of xp

when i switch on my windows an error message pops up
"rundll" the message says
"could not find c:\windows\downloaded program
files\bridge.DLL.

i have tried everything including buting pc bug doctor
and pcdoc.
1 answer Last reply
More about rundll error startup

    BRIDGE.DLL is scumware.

    02 - BHO: (no name) - {9C691A33-7DDA-4C2F-BE4C-C176083F35CF} -
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\BRIDGE.DLL
    04 - HKLM\..\Run: [RunDLL] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\BRIDGE.DLL",Load

    First.
    Right click the IE icon | Properties | Advanced tab |
    Make sure both of these are NOT checked.

    Enable Install On Demand (Internet Explorer)
    [[Specifies to automatically download and install Internet Explorer
    components if a Web page needs them in order to display the page properly or
    perform a particular task.]]
    Enable Install On Demand (Other)
    [[Specifies to automatically download and install Web components if a Web
    page needs them in order to display the page properly or perform a
    particular task.]]

    Apply | OK
    =================================

    Second.
    It is known as Scumware. Visit these sites. 1, 2, 3 and 4 are really good.
    Download, install, run, update and run again; one or all. They are all
    good, FREE utilities.
    The first site gives some recommendations.
    http://www.spywareinfo.com/downloads.php?cat=all#s-p

    1) Spybot S & D
    http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?lang=en&page=download

    2) SpywareBlaster
    SpywareBlaster doesn't scan and clean for spyware - it prevents it from ever
    being installed.
    The most important step you can take is to secure your system. And
    SpywareBlaster is the most powerful protection program available.

    3) HijackThis (some other stuff that may be of interest also)
    http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/index.html

    4) CWShredder direct download:
    http://216.180.233.163/~merijn/files/CWShredder.exe

    4½) CWShredder
    http://majorgeeks.com/download4086.html

    5) Bazooka Adware and Spyware Scanner v1.13
    http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/index.html?source=appvisit

    6) ToolbarCop
    http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/toolbarcop.htm

    7) AdAware
    ===============

    Additional information & instructions.
    A wealth of information here, boys and girls.

    THE PARASITE FIGHT QUICK FIX PROTOCOL
    http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm

    THE PARASITE FIGHT
    Finding, Removing & Protecting Yourself From Scumware
    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

    Bugs, Glitches & Stuffups

    Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;827315#appliesto

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:3b4301c429e7$355f78d0$a001280a@phx.gbl,
    Richard Richardson <richnosdrahcir@aol.com> hunted and pecked:
    > when i switch on my windows an error message pops up
    > "rundll" the message says
    > "could not find c:\windows\downloaded program
    > files\bridge.DLL.
    >
    > i have tried everything including buting pc bug doctor
    > and pcdoc.

Rundll Windows XP