How many IDE drives can a P$P800 handle?

I have 2 IDE hard drives and a CD and DVD. I heard somewhere that
there is a third channel. I may have missed it in the manual.

Thanks,
Maddy
1 answer Last reply
More about drives p800 handle

    Third & fourth channel are your 2 SATA ports/controllers. Each
    controller can only have 1 sata HD attached to it, no slave.

    On my p4p800dlx I presently have 1 80 gig on primary IDE, 1 80 gig on
    primary VIA controller and 1 160 gig on primary sata. I also have 2
    optical drives on secondary IDE.

    Plan to add another SATA to the secondary sata port, although a bit
    slower than IDE in transfer rates, it does free up some IDE / VIA
    ports.

    Locust

    On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 17:27:57 -0400, Madison Lapierre
    <m-lapierre@emailaccount.com> wrote:

    >I have 2 IDE hard drives and a CD and DVD. I heard somewhere that
    >there is a third channel. I may have missed it in the manual.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Maddy

Asus Hard Drives Motherboards