please help with sound

I prob. cant find my way back to the board lol. so if
anyone that doesnt mind helping if they can- will email
me that would be great.

I have windows xp home edition
on a laptop (vpr matrix)
with built in speakers
and my sound worked fine until up to about two weeks ago
i went to go change the volume control on the bottom
panel one day and it was not there. so i went to control
panel- audio devices- and it says i have no audio device.
i dont understand.

i can hear my dial up- and i hear this "beap" when i do
certain things. but overall sound does not work.

i had the blaster worm not too long ago- do you think it
could have done something.
please help
thank you very much
josie

Dev

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2001

/josie/ said:

> I prob. can't find my way back to the board lol, so if
> anyone that doesn't mind helping if they can- will email
> me that would be great.
>
> I have windows xp home edition
> on a laptop (vpr matrix)
> with built in speakers
> and my sound worked fine until up to about two weeks ago.
> I went to go change the volume control on the bottom
> panel one day and it was not there. So I went to control
> panel- audio devices- and it says I have no audio device.
>
> I can hear my dial up- and I hear this "beep" when I do
> certain things, but overall sound does not work.

Normally, answers are not mailed, but posted to the group - threaded under
the question. Consider setting up Outlook Express or other news reader,
for faster and better access than via the WEB interface that you now use.
See http://www.microsoft.com/communities/guide/newsgroups.mspx

As to the question, try reloading the sound drivers. If you do not have
them, there may be an appropriate version available for download at the
manufacturer's WEBsite. Perhaps enlist the help of an experienced friend.

Also look here...
http://kellys-korner-xp.com/top10faqs.htm

"Where did my sound go?"

--