Wireless won't connect

I recently switched to an b band wireless routher to a g. I have two home
computers, one with windows 2000 professional, the other with XP Home
edition. Win 2000 was no problem as it automatically picked up the new
network and allowed me to "enable". XP Home, on the other hand, appears to
have no such automatic capability. I could see the new routher on "site
status", so it was aware it existed, but I could not determine how to select
and connect to this new wireless router. Any ideas?????

You might want to use the Wireless Utility for your card, create a new
profile for the new network and simply activate it.

Note the SSID, WEP keys if you have any
Preamble type, ie. long or short

Make sure the "Wireless Zero Configuration Service" is running as well..