New to broadband

Hi There

Have HL Generations and want to try CS but have no idea where to get it or
how to play. Any kind souls got an idiot guide?

Thanks

jimbob

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2001

Julian Hunt wrote:
> Hi There
>
> Have HL Generations and want to try CS but have no idea where to get
> it or how to play. Any kind souls got an idiot guide?
>
> Thanks

Have you got a half life or similar cd key?

--
A friend in need is a friend indeed, But a friend with weed is better.

"Jimbob" <meandyou@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Julian Hunt wrote:
>> Hi There
>>
>> Have HL Generations and want to try CS but have no idea where to get
>> it or how to play. Any kind souls got an idiot guide?
>>
>> Thanks
>
> Have you got a half life or similar cd key?

Given that he has HL generations he has about 3

1. Don't bother installing any of the stuff from the generations CD it is all
out of date

2. Go to www.steampowered.com

3. Download Steam, install it and sign up for an account (it's free)

4. Click on the browse games button within steam and then the register a product
I already own

5. Fill in all your CD-Keys from the generations package one by one

6. You will now notice lots of games (HL, CS, DoD, Opp forces etc) in the my
games section of steam

7. Double Click Counter Strike and steam will download the latest version (1.6)

8. wait a while for it to download

9. Play

10. get killed 100 times in a row :)

--
http://www.big-forum.com
--

"I like toys and cake" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message

> "Jimbob" <meandyou@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Julian Hunt wrote:
>>> Hi There
>>>
>>> Have HL Generations and want to try CS but have no idea where to get
>>> it or how to play. Any kind souls got an idiot guide?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>
>> Have you got a half life or similar cd key?
>
> Given that he has HL generations he has about 3
>
> 1. Don't bother installing any of the stuff from the generations CD it is
> all out of date
>
> 2. Go to www.steampowered.com
>
> 3. Download Steam, install it and sign up for an account (it's free)
>
> 4. Click on the browse games button within steam and then the register a
> product I already own
>
> 5. Fill in all your CD-Keys from the generations package one by one
>
> 6. You will now notice lots of games (HL, CS, DoD, Opp forces etc) in the
> my games section of steam
>
> 7. Double Click Counter Strike and steam will download the latest version
> (1.6)
>
> 8. wait a while for it to download
>
> 9. Play

jimbob

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2001

big-forum.com wrote:
> 10. get killed 100 times in a row :)

11. scream at the screen, shouting *CHEATS*

--
A friend in need is a friend indeed, But a friend with weed is better.