viewing linksys logs

Linksys WAG54G has an option to send logs to a log viewer:-
Administration.Reporting tab:
Log enable/disable
and
Logviewer IP Address.

Does anybody know if I need special software to view the log, and which file
does the log get sent to?

TIA
2 answers Last reply
More about viewing linksys logs

    There isn't any special software to view the logs. I don't have that model
    but this is the information that I have gathered by looking at the online
    User Guide.

    1. Open your browser and type 192.168.1.1 to access the ADSL Gateway WAG54G
    web utility.

    2. Click the Security tab. Click the View Logs to view the logs for the
    firewall events.

    For more details, see the User Guide in PDF format at Linksys website.

    http://www.linksys.com/international/product.asp?coid=28&ipid=371

    __________________
    Eric Cross
    Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

    "nospam" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > Linksys WAG54G has an option to send logs to a log viewer:-
    > Administration.Reporting tab:
    > Log enable/disable
    > and
    > Logviewer IP Address.
    >
    > Does anybody know if I need special software to view the log, and which
    > file does the log get sent to?
    >
    > TIA

    Thanks for your reply, but that seems to work regardless of whether the Log
    enable and Logviewer IP Address had been set, which made me think that there
    is some other mechanism to view the log without having to have the router
    configuration window open all the time.

    "Eric Cross [MVP]" <encross@eudoramail.com> wrote in message
    > There isn't any special software to view the logs. I don't have that model
    > but this is the information that I have gathered by looking at the online
    > User Guide.
    >
    > 1. Open your browser and type 192.168.1.1 to access the ADSL Gateway
    > WAG54G web utility.
    >
    > 2. Click the Security tab. Click the View Logs to view the logs for the
    > firewall events.
    >
    > For more details, see the User Guide in PDF format at Linksys website.
    >
    > http://www.linksys.com/international/product.asp?coid=28&ipid=371
    >
    > __________________
    > Eric Cross
    > Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)
    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    >

    > "nospam" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    >> Linksys WAG54G has an option to send logs to a log viewer:-
    >> Administration.Reporting tab:
    >> Log enable/disable
    >> and
    >> Logviewer IP Address.
    >>
    >> Does anybody know if I need special software to view the log, and which
    >> file does the log get sent to?
    >>
    >> TIA

Linksys Networking Microsoft Wireless Networking