viewing linksys logs

Last response: in Wireless Networking
November 29, 2004 8:56:56 PM

Linksys WAG54G has an option to send logs to a log viewer:-
Administration.Reporting tab:
Log enable/disable
and
Logviewer IP Address.

Does anybody know if I need special software to view the log, and which file
does the log get sent to?

TIA

More about : viewing linksys logs

Anonymous
November 29, 2004 8:56:57 PM

There isn't any special software to view the logs. I don't have that model
but this is the information that I have gathered by looking at the online
User Guide.

1. Open your browser and type 192.168.1.1 to access the ADSL Gateway WAG54G
web utility.

2. Click the Security tab. Click the View Logs to view the logs for the
firewall events.

For more details, see the User Guide in PDF format at Linksys website.

http://www.linksys.com/international/product.asp?coid=2...

__________________
Eric Cross
Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

"nospam" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> Linksys WAG54G has an option to send logs to a log viewer:-
> Administration.Reporting tab:
> Log enable/disable
> and
> Logviewer IP Address.
>
> Does anybody know if I need special software to view the log, and which
> file does the log get sent to?
>
> TIA

Anonymous
November 29, 2004 11:52:24 PM

Thanks for your reply, but that seems to work regardless of whether the Log
enable and Logviewer IP Address had been set, which made me think that there
is some other mechanism to view the log without having to have the router
configuration window open all the time.

!