Is it wise to convert from windows xp pro to windows seven

Hello, I'm running xp pro...should I "upgrade" to Win 7...if so, why, what's the advantage
4 answers Last reply
More about wise convert windows windows seven
  1. If your machine is working well and you do not need software that only runs on W7, there is no reason to do so.

If your hardware is DX10 or DX11-capable, and you want to use it to play games with DX10/DX11 enabled, then you may want to. AFAIK all the games currently available will run on XP (DX9.0c).
  2. xp is a dinosaur - if you have a new machine DUMP XP
  3. Windows 7 employs an auto-coat-remove-mode via Programs and Features. XP Pro has SP2 Security Center in ADD/Remove. The Control Panel is better.

http://www.dnainfo.com/20110112/midtown/topless-dancers-busted-shoveling-snow-midtown
  4. I upgraded my home machine from XP to W7, because I was curious about it. I can't tell that there is any big advantage to it over XP. It seems to run well and looks pretty. I still run XP on my work computer so in effect I use both OS's every day. I also have a laptop with Vista, another laptop with W7, and a tiny box with OSX on it.

If you had a need to more than 4GB of ram, then I would recommend W7-64bit over the previous versions.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows XP Windows 7