My third P4P800 delx !!

Well, I have an Asus P4P800 deluxe mobo and since last july i had to change
it two times because after one month, it crashed, after two or three months
later it didn't work anymore. So, it's my third P4P800 deluxe mobo (!....)
and I realized last month that my COM ports didn't work anymore. Two days
ago, i realized also that my gigabit ethernet port was dead, on that third
mobo................... These gigabit ethernet port is still recognized by
the bios, by my XP, but this port fully dead and doesn't want to recognize
that an Ethernet cable is plugged and connected to Internet... When i plug
this same ethernet cable to an ethernet pci card, it is recognized without
problem. (My Bios version is the last one, my computer works 24 hours/24).
So what's the damn problem with this mobo ?? It's my third P4P800 deluxe and
it doesn't work anymore ?.... Oh no, oh no !.....
My configuration : P4C 2.6GHz, 1Go RAM, Power Enermax 365 Watt, Geforce 3 64
Mo, hard drives....

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 15:40:31 +0200, "Adrien"
<courrier__2004-nospamming@hotmail.com> wrote/replied to:

>Well, I have an Asus P4P800 deluxe mobo and since last july i had to change
>it two times because after one month, it crashed, after two or three months
>later it didn't work anymore. So, it's my third P4P800 deluxe mobo (!....)
>and I realized last month that my COM ports didn't work anymore. Two days
>ago, i realized also that my gigabit ethernet port was dead, on that third
>mobo................... These gigabit ethernet port is still recognized by
>the bios, by my XP, but this port fully dead and doesn't want to recognize
>that an Ethernet cable is plugged and connected to Internet... When i plug
>this same ethernet cable to an ethernet pci card, it is recognized without
>problem. (My Bios version is the last one, my computer works 24 hours/24).
>So what's the damn problem with this mobo ?? It's my third P4P800 deluxe and
>it doesn't work anymore ?.... Oh no, oh no !.....
>My configuration : P4C 2.6GHz, 1Go RAM, Power Enermax 365 Watt, Geforce 3 64
>Mo, hard drives....

Suspect the power supply. Get a good one.

--
Need a brighter headlight the safe way?
Get a MOTORCYCLE HEADLIGHT RELAY KIT at:

Maximus

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2003

"Adrien" <courrier__2004-nospamming@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Well, I have an Asus P4P800 deluxe mobo and since last july i had to
change
> it two times because after one month, it crashed, after two or three
months
> later it didn't work anymore. So, it's my third P4P800 deluxe mobo (!....)
> and I realized last month that my COM ports didn't work anymore. Two days
> ago, i realized also that my gigabit ethernet port was dead, on that third
> mobo................... These gigabit ethernet port is still recognized by
> the bios, by my XP, but this port fully dead and doesn't want to recognize
> that an Ethernet cable is plugged and connected to Internet... When i plug
> this same ethernet cable to an ethernet pci card, it is recognized without
> problem. (My Bios version is the last one, my computer works 24
hours/24).
> So what's the damn problem with this mobo ?? It's my third P4P800 deluxe
and
> it doesn't work anymore ?.... Oh no, oh no !.....
> My configuration : P4C 2.6GHz, 1Go RAM, Power Enermax 365 Watt, Geforce 3
64
> Mo, hard drives....

My first P4P800 DLX was working without any problem until a printer port
suddenly
became dead after a BIOS update.

The second one replaces the first and it works until now perfectly. I still
am not sure if
the BIOS and/or the procedure to update BIOS (using afudos or EZ-Flash or
Asus Update program) has anything to do with this.

"Adrien" <courrier__2004-nospamming@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Well, I have an Asus P4P800 deluxe mobo and since last july i had to
> change
> it two times because after one month, it crashed, after two or three
> months
> later it didn't work anymore. So, it's my third P4P800 deluxe mobo (!....)
> and I realized last month that my COM ports didn't work anymore. Two days
> ago, i realized also that my gigabit ethernet port was dead, on that third
> mobo................... These gigabit ethernet port is still recognized by
> the bios, by my XP, but this port fully dead and doesn't want to recognize
> that an Ethernet cable is plugged and connected to Internet... When i plug
> this same ethernet cable to an ethernet pci card, it is recognized without
> problem. (My Bios version is the last one, my computer works 24
> hours/24).
> So what's the damn problem with this mobo ?? It's my third P4P800 deluxe
> and
> it doesn't work anymore ?.... Oh no, oh no !.....
> My configuration : P4C 2.6GHz, 1Go RAM, Power Enermax 365 Watt, Geforce 3
> 64
> Mo, hard drives....

I'm on my second. I lost the ethernet port on the first one after about a
week. This one lasted
about 2 weeks before it had the same problem.

"Adrien" <courrier__2004-nospamming@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Well, I have an Asus P4P800 deluxe mobo and since last july i had to
change
> it two times because after one month, it crashed, after two or three
months
> later it didn't work anymore. So, it's my third P4P800 deluxe mobo (!....)
> and I realized last month that my COM ports didn't work anymore. Two days
> ago, i realized also that my gigabit ethernet port was dead, on that third
> mobo................... These gigabit ethernet port is still recognized by
> the bios, by my XP, but this port fully dead and doesn't want to recognize
> that an Ethernet cable is plugged and connected to Internet... When i plug
> this same ethernet cable to an ethernet pci card, it is recognized without
> problem. (My Bios version is the last one, my computer works 24
hours/24).
> So what's the damn problem with this mobo ?? It's my third P4P800 deluxe
and
> it doesn't work anymore ?.... Oh no, oh no !.....
> My configuration : P4C 2.6GHz, 1Go RAM, Power Enermax 365 Watt, Geforce 3
64
> Mo, hard drives....

I could only assume something in your setup (possibly your power supply) is
gradually damaging each board, if you've had to replace three. I've had one
I installed myself working flawlessly for nearly five months now, and I've
don't all sorts of things to it (used three different power supplies, two
video cards, plenty of testing with overclocking etc.)