Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

How do I tell if the USB ports i have on my computer are Hi Speed (USB 2). I have looked in the device manager but it telss me nothing about the type of USB port.
thanks

Enhanced = USB 2.0
High Speed = 1.1

"Tony" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
| How do I tell if the USB ports i have on my computer are
Hi Speed (USB 2). I have looked in the device manager but it
telss me nothing about the type of USB port.
| thanks

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

I have found one of the usb controllers says enhanced. i have a set of 2 usb at front a st at the back (bottom) and back (top). how do a tell which are the hi speed ones?
tony

----- Jim Macklin wrote: -----

Enhanced = USB 2.0
High Speed = 1.1

"Tony" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
| How do I tell if the USB ports i have on my computer are
Hi Speed (USB 2). I have looked in the device manager but it
telss me nothing about the type of USB port.
| thanks

They probably are all USB 2.0. If you get the make and
model of mobo you can go on-line and download the mobo
manual and specs for system. If you don't know the makers,
get one of the system report tools, such as the Bel Arc
Advisor www.belarc.com
or http://www.lavalys.com/index.php?page=home for Everest
(successor to AIDA32).
These will scan and report details of your hardware and
software. SiSoft has Sandra, also a nice system scanner.
www.sisoft.com

| I have found one of the usb controllers says enhanced. i
have a set of 2 usb at front a st at the back (bottom) and
back (top). how do a tell which are the hi speed ones?
| tony
|

| ----- Jim Macklin wrote: -----
|
| Enhanced = USB 2.0
| High Speed = 1.1
|

| --
| The people think the Constitution protects their
rights;
| But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
|

| "Tony" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
| message

| | How do I tell if the USB ports i have on my
computer are
| Hi Speed (USB 2). I have looked in the device manager
but it
| telss me nothing about the type of USB port.
| | thanks
| |