Why is nothing happening with CS Source?

When I first got CS:S I thought, there's hardly any maps, only one
player model for each team, no kick vote ability, no anti-cheat.

But that's ok because the game will be drastically improved with future
updates.

Well, WHERE ARE THE UPDATES? NOTHING HAS CHANGED. I might as well go
back to CS 1.6.

As for more maps, I know there are many available, but a map really
should be in the official circulation.
5 answers Last reply
More about happening source

    "Smith" <fake@email.com> wrote in message
    > When I first got CS:S I thought, there's hardly any maps, only one player
    > model for each team, no kick vote ability, no anti-cheat.
    >
    > But that's ok because the game will be drastically improved with future
    > updates.
    >
    > Well, WHERE ARE THE UPDATES? NOTHING HAS CHANGED. I might as well go back to
    > CS 1.6.
    >
    > As for more maps, I know there are many available, but a map really should be
    > in the official circulation.

    Patience, little one. CS didn't get to 1.6 in a couple of months. CS:S is still
    new, give it a few more months.

    I like toys and cake <me@privacy.net> wrote in message

    > "Smith" <fake@email.com> wrote in message
    > > When I first got CS:S I thought, there's hardly any maps, only one
    player
    > > model for each team, no kick vote ability, no anti-cheat.
    > >
    > > But that's ok because the game will be drastically improved with future
    > > updates.
    > >
    > > Well, WHERE ARE THE UPDATES? NOTHING HAS CHANGED. I might as well go
    back to
    > > CS 1.6.
    > >
    > > As for more maps, I know there are many available, but a map really
    should be
    > > in the official circulation.
    >
    > Patience, little one. CS didn't get to 1.6 in a couple of months. CS:S is
    still
    > new, give it a few more months.

    Patience!!!!!????
    I thought the whole concept of Steam was sold (falsely) on the idea that
    content will be updated more often. (ha-ha) big joke on us!
    The developers are in no hurry they're all rich now in the world of Steam.

    "Uzi" <rapandrandb@suks.com> wrote in message

    > Patience!!!!!????
    > I thought the whole concept of Steam was sold (falsely) on the idea that
    > content will be updated more often. (ha-ha) big joke on us!
    > The developers are in no hurry they're all rich now in the world of Steam.

    The majority of steam patches can be measured in hours, from discovery of the
    problem to patch release. Whereas with other companies it is months, if ever.
    There have been 4 or 5 CS:S updates in the two months that it has been
    officially released including a new map.

    Most people who have issues with steam simply don't meet the hardware, software,
    and I.Q. requirements.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    > "Uzi" <rapandrandb@suks.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Patience!!!!!????
    > > I thought the whole concept of Steam was sold (falsely) on the idea that
    > > content will be updated more often. (ha-ha) big joke on us!
    > > The developers are in no hurry they're all rich now in the world of
    Steam.

    > The majority of steam patches can be measured in hours, from discovery of
    the
    > problem to patch release. Whereas with other companies it is months, if
    ever.
    > There have been 4 or 5 CS:S updates in the two months that it has been
    > officially released including a new map.

    Not exactly a flood of content then.
    Maybe they're just storing it all up for one big flood release.

    > Most people who have issues with steam simply don't meet the hardware,
    software,
    > and I.Q. requirements.

    Controversial point there! ;-)
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    Smith wrote:
    > When I first got CS:S I thought, there's hardly any maps, only one
    > player model for each team, no kick vote ability, no anti-cheat.
    >
    > But that's ok because the game will be drastically improved with
    > future updates.
    >
    > Well, WHERE ARE THE UPDATES? NOTHING HAS CHANGED. I might as well go
    > back to CS 1.6.
    >
    > As for more maps, I know there are many available, but a map really
    > should be in the official circulation.

    I kinda like the way it's so 'vanilla'

    --
    damien clan .