Ram not showing up

Hello. I am running an AMD Athlon XP 1.7 on an ASUS A7V-266 Mobo. I have
512 MB RAM installed but under my prop's it only shows 384 MB. Is that
normal? If not, what do I need to do? Also, I'm using MBM 5 and the CPU is
showing 1112 MHz. Is that normal?

Thanks

Cleave

ceebee

"Cleave" <admin@aprilverch.com> wrote in
alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus:

> Hello. I am running an AMD Athlon XP 1.7 on an ASUS A7V-266 Mobo. I
> have 512 MB RAM installed but under my prop's it only shows 384 MB.
> Is that normal? If not, what do I need to do? Also, I'm using MBM 5
> and the CPU is showing 1112 MHz. Is that normal?

Download a utility like Docmemory, make a boot disk with it, and run the
test to see if your RAM is defect. If it is, try switching slots first,
if that doesn't work - back to the part shop.

http://www.simmtester.com/PAGE/products/doc/docinfo.asp

--
CeeBee

_Got no wockin' furries_