Kate

My TEAC CDRW/DVD drive will play DVDs, but will not read any type of CD, CDR or CDRW media. I've tried reinstalling the drivers, but with no success. Is this a hardware or a software problem, and can I fix it myself?

Kate, rt click MyComputer>select Properties>Hardware>Device
Manager>Dvd/Cdrom Drives. Double
click on yours and choose Uninstall. Restart and let XP reinstall the
drive.