Help: A7N8X-VM/400 gets checksum error

Hi All,

My pre fabricated name brand computer blew up after putting an ATA-133 card
in it so I decided to go back to the world of building PCs myself!

I purchased the Asus A7N8X-VM/400 mainboard. My system is setup and works
great. However, I do get two slow beeps and then two fast beeps at the bios
splash screen.

Occasionally i get an checksum error on the bios. I click on load defaults
and everything works great. I was wondering if anyone knew what these
errors are about?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
FF

PS: I did update the bios to the newest rev and no changes.
4 answers Last reply
More about help a7n8x checksum error

    >Hi All,
    >
    >My pre fabricated name brand computer blew up after putting an ATA-133 card
    >in it so I decided to go back to the world of building PCs myself!
    >
    >I purchased the Asus A7N8X-VM/400 mainboard. My system is setup and works
    >great. However, I do get two slow beeps and then two fast beeps at the bios
    >splash screen.
    >
    >Occasionally i get an checksum error on the bios. I click on load defaults
    >and everything works great. I was wondering if anyone knew what these
    >errors are about?
    >
    >Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >FF
    >
    >PS: I did update the bios to the newest rev and no changes.

    A bad CMOS battery can cause that.

    I just replaced the battery and so far no checksum errors but I am still
    getting 4 beeps during the splash screen.

    Is the 4 beeps normal? If I disable the splash screen, it beeps twice slow
    and then two quick beeps. However, this is all done during the NVRAM test
    and reports no errors.

    On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 18:56:38 -0400, "Frequent Flyer" <ff@somewhere.com>
    wrote:

    >I just replaced the battery and so far no checksum errors but I am still
    >getting 4 beeps during the splash screen.
    >
    >Is the 4 beeps normal? If I disable the splash screen, it beeps twice slow
    >and then two quick beeps. However, this is all done during the NVRAM test
    >and reports no errors.

    Mine crunches to cure cancer so I didn't hook up any speakers to it.
    My A7N8X DLX v2 boxes would always say the RAM was bad so I disabled
    the voice on start up. The RAM is not bad since they run 24/7 with no
    problems.

    > Mine crunches to cure cancer so I didn't hook up any speakers to it.
    > My A7N8X DLX v2 boxes would always say the RAM was bad so I disabled
    > the voice on start up. The RAM is not bad since they run 24/7 with no
    > problems.

    LOL. I was thinking about removing the speaker but then it would be handy
    to have warning tones if the computer overheated or something like that.

    FF

Asus Checksum Motherboards