What would you choose ?

I am thinking of building another system ,but this time i am debating on
either pentium or sticking with AMD athalon ...
both the A7n8x-e deluxe and the p4p800 look like they are good boards
.....Does it really make much difference whether its 400 fsb on k7 board or a
800 fsbon the pentium .price wise both boards are similar ....I just cant
decide wich will be the faster machine ,since the motherboard is the heart
of the machine next to the CPU ......than i have to decide wich cpu to go
with ,,,
amd xp 2800 333fsb 512cache at 176.00 $
or the p4 celeron 2.6ghz at 138.00 .

"steve L" <drvnguy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am thinking of building another system ,but this time i am debating on
> either pentium or sticking with AMD athalon ...
> both the A7n8x-e deluxe and the p4p800 look like they are good boards
> ....Does it really make much difference whether its 400 fsb on k7 board or
> 800 fsbon the pentium .price wise both boards are similar ....I just cant
> decide wich will be the faster machine ,since the motherboard is the heart
> of the machine next to the CPU ......than i have to decide wich cpu to go
> with ,,,
> amd xp 2800 333fsb 512cache at 176.00 $
> or the p4 celeron 2.6ghz at 138.00 .

If you want the fastest and your choices are
between an XP 2800 or a P4 Celeron then
go with the XP 2800.

The Celeron doesn't use an 800MHZ FSB

steve L wrote:
> I am thinking of building another system ,but this time i am debating
> on either pentium or sticking with AMD athalon ...
> both the A7n8x-e deluxe and the p4p800 look like they are good boards
> ....Does it really make much difference whether its 400 fsb on k7
> board or a 800 fsbon the pentium .price wise both boards are similar
> ....I just cant decide wich will be the faster machine ,since the
> motherboard is the heart of the machine next to the CPU ......than i
> have to decide wich cpu to go with ,,,
> amd xp 2800 333fsb 512cache at 176.00 $
> or the p4 celeron 2.6ghz at 138.00

Forget the P4 Celeron It's junk.

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?description=19-103-377&DEPA=1
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-131-478&depa=1

115 + 121= $236USD

Thanks for the links , but they dont ship to Canada ?...who knows..

steve L wrote:
> Thanks for the links , but they dont ship to Canada ?...who knows..
> "S.Heenan" <sheenan@wahs.ac> wrote in message
>> steve L wrote:
>>> I am thinking of building another system ,but this time i am
>>> debating on either pentium or sticking with AMD athalon ...
>>> both the A7n8x-e deluxe and the p4p800 look like they are good
>>> boards ....Does it really make much difference whether its 400 fsb
>>> on k7 board or a 800 fsbon the pentium .price wise both boards are
>>> similar ....I just cant decide wich will be the faster machine
>>> ,since the motherboard is the heart of the machine next to the CPU
>>> ......than i have to decide wich cpu to go with ,,,
>>> amd xp 2800 333fsb 512cache at 176.00 $
>>> or the p4 celeron 2.6ghz at 138.00
>>
>> Forget the P4 Celeron It's junk.
>>

>> http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?description=19-103-377&DEPA=1

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-131-478&depa=1

>> 115 + 121= $236USD

www.ncix.com
www.canadacomputers.com
www.anitec.ca

ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe NVIDIA nForce2 Ultra 400 more info $156 CDN
ABIT NF7-S nVIDIA nForce2 more info $130CDN
Athlon XP 2800+ (Barton) w/ 512K L2 cache RETAIL BOX $170CDN
From Canada Computers

Thanks again ..