HOW TO CHANGE PRINTER ADVISOR DEFAULTS IN CANON 560

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
April 10, 2004 9:01:50 PM

I have a new canon i560 printer.
Does anyone know how to change the default setting to fast black and white
printing in the printer adviser.
Mine is stuck in the color photo position and I want it to deafault to black
and white.
Please help
April 10, 2004 11:52:42 PM

"Marte" <dmarte@sasktel.net> wrote in message
> I have a new canon i560 printer.
> Does anyone know how to change the default setting to fast black and white
> printing in the printer adviser.
> Mine is stuck in the color photo position and I want it to deafault to
black
> and white.
> Please help

Can't you select Grayscale?
April 11, 2004 2:21:41 PM

This works for my HP952, and I believe most other printers, although the
exact tabs and buttons available probably vary from one to another.

Start>Settings>Printers and Faxes, then right-click the printer in question
and select properties from the pop-up menu. Then select the "Advanced" tab
and click the "Printing defaults" button at the bottom. Browse through the
tabs available, and you should find a "print in grayscale" or some similar
check box.

Don

"Marte" <dmarte@sasktel.net> wrote in message
> I have a new canon i560 printer.
> Does anyone know how to change the default setting to fast black and white
> printing in the printer adviser.
> Mine is stuck in the color photo position and I want it to deafault to
black
> and white.
> Please help

May 7, 2011 4:03:24 AM

Thank you!!! I've been trying to change the printer default to "print from last page" for 2 years to no avail! This worked like a charm! <btw, I have a canon MP620 and the directions were basically the same.

!