HOW TO CHANGE PRINTER ADVISOR DEFAULTS IN CANON 560

I have a new canon i560 printer.
Does anyone know how to change the default setting to fast black and white
printing in the printer adviser.
Mine is stuck in the color photo position and I want it to deafault to black
and white.
Please help
3 answers Last reply
More about change printer advisor defaults canon

    "Marte" <dmarte@sasktel.net> wrote in message
    > I have a new canon i560 printer.
    > Does anyone know how to change the default setting to fast black and white
    > printing in the printer adviser.
    > Mine is stuck in the color photo position and I want it to deafault to
    black
    > and white.
    > Please help

    Can't you select Grayscale?

    This works for my HP952, and I believe most other printers, although the
    exact tabs and buttons available probably vary from one to another.

    Start>Settings>Printers and Faxes, then right-click the printer in question
    and select properties from the pop-up menu. Then select the "Advanced" tab
    and click the "Printing defaults" button at the bottom. Browse through the
    tabs available, and you should find a "print in grayscale" or some similar
    check box.

    Don

    "Marte" <dmarte@sasktel.net> wrote in message
    > I have a new canon i560 printer.
    > Does anyone know how to change the default setting to fast black and white
    > printing in the printer adviser.
    > Mine is stuck in the color photo position and I want it to deafault to
    black
    > and white.
    > Please help

  3. Thank you!!! I've been trying to change the printer default to "print from last page" for 2 years to no avail! This worked like a charm! <btw, I have a canon MP620 and the directions were basically the same.

    Don said:

    This works for my HP952, and I believe most other printers, although the
    exact tabs and buttons available probably vary from one to another.

    Start>Settings>Printers and Faxes, then right-click the printer in question
    and select properties from the pop-up menu. Then select the "Advanced" tab
    and click the "Printing defaults" button at the bottom. Browse through the
    tabs available, and you should find a "print in grayscale" or some similar
    check box.

    Don

    "Marte" <dmarte@sasktel.net> wrote in message
    > I have a new canon i560 printer.
    > Does anyone know how to change the default setting to fast black and white
    > printing in the printer adviser.
    > Mine is stuck in the color photo position and I want it to deafault to
    black
    > and white.
    > Please help

Printers Canon Peripherals