Guy

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2003

Hello, I have an HP Pavilion 8755C. When I went to the HP site to search for
a bios update it referred to the motherboard as a "MEW-AM" which appears to
be made by Asus. I have been told that a pci video card will not work on
this board. It has integrated graphics and no agp slot. I am trying to avoid
replacing the board just to upgrade the video. It will not play MS flight
simulator because it needs 16mb's of video memory minimum. If anyone could
advise me I would be grateful. Thank you.

Guy

Guy

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2003

I also wanted to know if since this is the original board can I use a bios
update from Asus or do I have to use the one provided by HP since it would
be an oem board.
Thank you again.
Guy

Guy schrieb:
> "Guy" <guizer@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > Hello, I have an HP Pavilion 8755C. When I went to the HP site to search for
> > a bios update it referred to the motherboard as a "MEW-AM" which appears to
> > be made by Asus. I have been told that a pci video card will not work on
> > this board.

I don't see why that should be the case. It's definitely worth a try.
You *may* have to use an older one that does not yet require PCI 2.2, I
don't know what old i810 boards support there. (One would have to look
into the ICH/ICH0 specs.)

> I also wanted to know if since this is the original board can I use a bios
> update from Asus or do I have to use the one provided by HP since it would
> be an oem board.

YMMV. While some OEM boards work fine with a BIOS for the original
board, others do not.

Stephan
--
Meine Andere Seite: http://stephan.win31.de/
PC#6: i440BX, 2xCel300A, 512 MiB, 18+80 GB, R9k AGP 64 MiB, 110W