Afudos.exe program question?

Hi all,

Does the new afudos.exe bios flash program backup the existing bios before
executing the new bios flash?

I can't find any confirmation of this on the Asus support site.

Thanks in advance.

Ted

Hi Ted

No it doesn't, but if you got any of the P4P mother boards the crash and
recovery bois utility is inside your system-

For my experience, I suggest you to prefer the asus EZFLASH utility instead
of the other one.
It is easier, faster and affordable.
Bye
Hyp

> Hi all,
>
> Does the new afudos.exe bios flash program backup the existing bios before
> executing the new bios flash?
>
> I can't find any confirmation of this on the Asus support site.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Ted

Thanks for replying Hyp,

Asus suggests not to use the ezflash for v1015 and v1016 on the p4p800
deluxe boards.

They suggest that the afudos program is the one to use.

What to do now?

Ted

"Ted Brewer" <theob2@nospam.wi.rr.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Does the new afudos.exe bios flash program backup the existing bios before
> executing the new bios flash?
>
> I can't find any confirmation of this on the Asus support site.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Ted

The manual says that to Backup the existing BIOS you need to use the command
AFUDOS /o<biosfilename>.
Then to install the new BIOS use the command AFUDOS /i<biosfilename>.
You dont get the old 1, 2, 3, 4, Menu as with the older BIOS flash utility.

regards
Freddie

Thank you, Freddie,

DUH! I've read the manual many times and have seen the instructions. I
just forgot about them. As they say, "The mind is the first to go". It
sure is rough getting old. LOL!

Regards,