A7N8X Complete boot failure

I just installed my a7n8x-e deluxe and was having some problems... I got it
recertified so I decided to reset the cmos to see if that was causing any
problems. Now when I turn on the machine there are no system beeps and the
monitor never changes from 'brown' status. Any ideas?

"joiaefw" <borismeister@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I just installed my a7n8x-e deluxe and was having some problems... I got
it
> recertified so I decided to reset the cmos to see if that was causing any
> problems. Now when I turn on the machine there are no system beeps and the
> monitor never changes from 'brown' status. Any ideas?

What do you mean recertified?
Does the light on the MB light?
Turn the switch on at the back of the computer.

Jim Manning

Asus recertified the board (it was used and tested; any repairs made to make
it work) and Newegg.com resold it.
Yes the ligh on the MB is on, it's all powered. When I switch it on all the
fans start and the HD's spin, but there are no beeps f rom the bios or
anything.

"JBM" <jmanning95@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "joiaefw" <borismeister@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I just installed my a7n8x-e deluxe and was having some problems... I got
> it
> > recertified so I decided to reset the cmos to see if that was causing
any
> > problems. Now when I turn on the machine there are no system beeps and
the
> > monitor never changes from 'brown' status. Any ideas?
> >

> What do you mean recertified?
> Does the light on the MB light?
> Turn the switch on at the back of the computer.
>
> Jim Manning

Remove the CPU, memory and all cards.
plug a speaker in the green jack and power
on. Should say no CPU detected.
Power off and install CPU, memory, video card
and floppy. Then try booting from a floppy
if that works add other cards one at a time.

Jim Manning

> Asus recertified the board (it was used and tested; any repairs made to
make
> it work) and Newegg.com resold it.
> Yes the ligh on the MB is on, it's all powered. When I switch it on all
the
> fans start and the HD's spin, but there are no beeps f rom the bios or
> anything.
>
> "JBM" <jmanning95@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "joiaefw" <borismeister@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > I just installed my a7n8x-e deluxe and was having some problems... I
got
> > it
> > > recertified so I decided to reset the cmos to see if that was causing
> any
> > > problems. Now when I turn on the machine there are no system beeps and
> the
> > > monitor never changes from 'brown' status. Any ideas?
> > >

> > What do you mean recertified?
> > Does the light on the MB light?
> > Turn the switch on at the back of the computer.
> >
> > Jim Manning

>I just installed my a7n8x-e deluxe and was having some problems... I got it
>recertified so I decided to reset the cmos to see if that was causing any
>problems. Now when I turn on the machine there are no system beeps and the
>monitor never changes from 'brown' status. Any ideas?

Unplug the PC, remove the CMOS battery, move the jumper next to the
battery to the next two pins for 10 seconds. Move jumper back, put
battery back, plug in PC and reboot.

Already tried that several times. I think the board is toast.
"Andrew J" <ajpk3@hotmail.comremove> wrote in message

> >I just installed my a7n8x-e deluxe and was having some problems... I got
it
> >recertified so I decided to reset the cmos to see if that was causing any
> >problems. Now when I turn on the machine there are no system beeps and
the
> >monitor never changes from 'brown' status. Any ideas?
> >
> Unplug the PC, remove the CMOS battery, move the jumper next to the
> battery to the next two pins for 10 seconds. Move jumper back, put
> battery back, plug in PC and reboot.

I had this problem, too; i ended up sending the board back. Google "nforce 2
bios corruption issue" for more info, including fixes.