networking a printer

I have a printer that i shared out and a wireless linksys router all hard
wired to my desktop.

How can i print from my laptop (wireless) if that is possible?
Through file and print sharing. I have win xp sp2 on both pc's

thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about networking printer

    nigelcourtney wrote:

    > I have a printer that i shared out and a wireless linksys router all
    > hard wired to my desktop.
    >
    > How can i print from my laptop (wireless) if that is possible?
    > Through file and print sharing. I have win xp sp2 on both pc's
    >
    > thanks

    Sure, just create your home network and then add the printer to the
    laptop. Of course, the desktop will need to be on for the laptop to
    print to it. Here are some links to help you set up the network:

    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp/filesharing.htm (Home)
    (Pro)
    http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/
    http://www.wown.info/

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers

Wireless Networking Printers Wireless Networking