windows won't install printer driver

had to reinstall my system "xp" and everything else. i've
installed printer before but it won't install driver this
time.add printer wizard doesn't work. downloaded driver
from canon. message, driver not installed' specified port
doesn't exist. new found hardware wizard doesn't detect
connection.help appreciated. thanks, jack
3 answers Last reply
More about windows install printer driver

    What model of Canon printer and how are you connecting it to the PC?
    www.coribright.com

    "jack m" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > had to reinstall my system "xp" and everything else. i've
    > installed printer before but it won't install driver this
    > time.add printer wizard doesn't work. downloaded driver
    > from canon. message, driver not installed' specified port
    > doesn't exist. new found hardware wizard doesn't detect
    > connection.help appreciated. thanks, jack

    its a canon s300.am using usb that came with printer.
    recieved message, for a while,"cant find rpc locator" but
    it changed after a while to specified port doesn't exist
    Hardware)
    >www.coribright.com
    >
    >"jack m" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    >> had to reinstall my system "xp" and everything else.
    i've
    >> installed printer before but it won't install driver
    this
    >> time.add printer wizard doesn't work. downloaded driver
    >> from canon. message, driver not installed' specified
    port
    >> doesn't exist. new found hardware wizard doesn't detect
    >> connection.help appreciated. thanks, jack
    >

    >.

    Uninstall the printer... as per

    Before Step 6, from the command prompt, type
    sfc /scannow

    (note the space between the c and the /)

    Then continue with the installation.

    --
    Cari
    > its a canon s300.am using usb that came with printer.
    > recieved message, for a while,"cant find rpc locator" but
    > it changed after a while to specified port doesn't exist

Hardware Printer Driver Printers Windows XP