Asus P4P800 Deluxe CPU fail

Hi,

I've just received a replacement P4P800 Deluxe motherboard (after the first
one was thought to be dead - no I wonder). The problem is that the CPU is
still failing the test - this is a known to be working P4 1.9ghz CPU I've
plucked from my old system. All I am running at this stage is a working CPU,
a stick of working memory and a display card. How can this fail? The mobo
LED is lit, the CPU fan whirrs away.the pc case button powers up the board
without fail. What is the problem. It can't possibly be another rogue board
can it? Lord, give me strength!
4 answers Last reply
More about asus p4p800 deluxe fail

    Do I have to set the FSB or something?

    "xyz" <dont@spamme.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've just received a replacement P4P800 Deluxe motherboard (after the
    first
    > one was thought to be dead - no I wonder). The problem is that the CPU is
    > still failing the test - this is a known to be working P4 1.9ghz CPU I've
    > plucked from my old system. All I am running at this stage is a working
    CPU,
    > a stick of working memory and a display card. How can this fail? The mobo
    > LED is lit, the CPU fan whirrs away.the pc case button powers up the board
    > without fail. What is the problem. It can't possibly be another rogue
    board
    > can it? Lord, give me strength!

    if so, how?

    > Do I have to set the FSB or something?
    >
    > "xyz" <dont@spamme.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I've just received a replacement P4P800 Deluxe motherboard (after the
    > first
    > > one was thought to be dead - no I wonder). The problem is that the CPU
    is
    > > still failing the test - this is a known to be working P4 1.9ghz CPU
    I've
    > > plucked from my old system. All I am running at this stage is a working
    > CPU,
    > > a stick of working memory and a display card. How can this fail? The
    mobo
    > > LED is lit, the CPU fan whirrs away.the pc case button powers up the
    board
    > > without fail. What is the problem. It can't possibly be another rogue
    > board
    > > can it? Lord, give me strength!

    I have finally solved it - basically there was a second 4 pin ATX 12v power
    plug I didn't plug in - doh! What's worse is that if I had done this first
    time round I may not have had any reason to remove my 3.0ghz cpu causing it
    to be damaged. 2-29 in the manual in case anyone's interested.

    > if so, how?
    >
    > "xyz" <dont@spamme.com> wrote in message
    > > Do I have to set the FSB or something?
    > >
    > > "xyz" <dont@spamme.com> wrote in message
    > > > Hi,
    > > >
    > > > I've just received a replacement P4P800 Deluxe motherboard (after the
    > > first
    > > > one was thought to be dead - no I wonder). The problem is that the CPU
    > is
    > > > still failing the test - this is a known to be working P4 1.9ghz CPU
    > I've
    > > > plucked from my old system. All I am running at this stage is a
    working
    > > CPU,
    > > > a stick of working memory and a display card. How can this fail? The
    > mobo
    > > > LED is lit, the CPU fan whirrs away.the pc case button powers up the
    > board
    > > > without fail. What is the problem. It can't possibly be another rogue
    > > board
    > > > can it? Lord, give me strength!

    Could be a failing or low quality (unstable) power supply unit.

    --
    DaveW

    "xyz" <dont@spamme.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've just received a replacement P4P800 Deluxe motherboard (after the
    first
    > one was thought to be dead - no I wonder). The problem is that the CPU is
    > still failing the test - this is a known to be working P4 1.9ghz CPU I've
    > plucked from my old system. All I am running at this stage is a working
    CPU,
    > a stick of working memory and a display card. How can this fail? The mobo
    > LED is lit, the CPU fan whirrs away.the pc case button powers up the board
    > without fail. What is the problem. It can't possibly be another rogue
    board
    > can it? Lord, give me strength!

Asus CPUs Motherboards