dennis

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2003

I have installed XP Professional. It refuses to read
properly format disks and gives out the message "This
disk is not formatted do you wish to format now. I have
tried by saying Yes but then a new windows comes up
saying that Windows cannot format this disk. I know it
is properly installed. What is the cause and the solution?

Dennis;
If you get the same thing with different floppies, try a different
drive after reseating the floppy cables.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/