What is the best overclocking RAM for the ASUS P4P800 Delu..

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
April 8, 2004 2:27:30 PM

Hello all,

I am going to be building a system using the ASUS P4P800 Deluxe and am
the configuration stage. I would appreciate input on which RAM to buy
for overclocking. I figure there must be a few people out there that
have this board.

Link to the motherboard:
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?descripti...
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
April 11, 2004 11:52:22 AM

On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 10:27:30 -0700, pacemaker@home.com wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>I am going to be building a system using the ASUS P4P800 Deluxe and am
>the configuration stage. I would appreciate input on which RAM to buy
>for overclocking. I figure there must be a few people out there that
>have this board.
>
>Link to the motherboard:
>http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?descripti...

Definitely go with what the manual recommends, don't mix ram brands.
Get ram with matching serial numbers.

With P4p-800 I went with two matching 512mb sticks of Corsair
CMX512-3500 Cas-2 DDR-433 ram, it's listed in the P4p-800 manual. Ram
works fine.
!