Condition Zero Omega Pack

After discovering the use of smoke nades and night vision in CS:S,
especially in choke points in dust/dust2. I decided to give Czero a
whirl.

Anyhow, specs as follows. 512MB DDR, Geforce 3 (Gold Sample) XP2000+
processor

Anyhow the point is that having completed czero I downloaded the Omega
Pack. Sadly, if I play an omega campaign, the game takes hidiously
long to load. Half life 2 take around 60-90 sec to load a map, and
counter strike about the same (Usually slightly less than 60sec) but
the Omega pack takes minimum of 4-5 mins for what is a botmatch.

Now I accept that I am running CZ in max res and HL2/CS;S in medium
res, but this type of loading time is hurting the enjoyment of the
game.

What I assume is happening is that CZ is loading all skins/textures
etc so perhaps this is to blame? If so, is there a solution to force
cz to only load what is being used in a particular map?

Yes I know I am using old equipment, and am aware that better
equipment = better loading speed, but that is not the issue, Omega
takes 4 times the loading time of a half life 2 map!

Harcon wrote:
> After discovering the use of smoke nades and night vision in CS:S,
> especially in choke points in dust/dust2. I decided to give Czero a
> whirl.
>

> Anyhow, specs as follows. 512MB DDR, Geforce 3 (Gold Sample) XP2000+
> processor
>
> Anyhow the point is that having completed czero I downloaded the Omega
> Pack. Sadly, if I play an omega campaign, the game takes hidiously
> long to load. Half life 2 take around 60-90 sec to load a map, and
> counter strike about the same (Usually slightly less than 60sec) but
> the Omega pack takes minimum of 4-5 mins for what is a botmatch.
>
> Now I accept that I am running CZ in max res and HL2/CS;S in medium
> res, but this type of loading time is hurting the enjoyment of the
> game.
>
> What I assume is happening is that CZ is loading all skins/textures
> etc so perhaps this is to blame? If so, is there a solution to force
> cz to only load what is being used in a particular map?
>
> Yes I know I am using old equipment, and am aware that better
> equipment = better loading speed, but that is not the issue, Omega
> takes 4 times the loading time of a half life 2 map!

CPU + RAM will affect the loading speed, mostly GPU will affect the in-game
visual performance.

GF3 is severely underpowered for HL2 & CS:S. My 9800pro only just keeps up,
although the gf3 will give you a decent refresh rate it will not display all
the pretty things that dx9 has to offer.

Can't comment on omega, I like playing against other people. I haven't even
finished HL2 and probably never will :)

--
damien clan .
@ mcbain com

there's no place like 127.0.0.1

lolraisrocayub

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011

After discovering the use of smoke nades and night vision in CS:S,
especially in choke points in dust/dust2. I decided to give Czero a
whirl.

Anyhow, specs as follows. 512MB DDR, Geforce 3 (Gold Sample) XP2000+
processor

Anyhow the point is that having completed czero I downloaded the Omega
Pack. Sadly, if I play an omega campaign, the game takes hidiously
long to load. Half life 2 take around 60-90 sec to load a map, and
counter strike about the same (Usually slightly less than 60sec) but
the Omega pack takes minimum of 4-5 mins for what is a botmatch.

Now I accept that I am running CZ in max res and HL2/CS;S in medium
res, but this type of loading time is hurting the enjoyment of the
game.

MAN WHERE DID YOU GET THE OMEGA PACK ITS ONE OF MY LIFE GOALS TO GET THIS OMEGA PACK (ASUMING THIS IS THE GEARBOX VERSION OR AT LEAST HAVE SOME OF THE LOST CONTENT)