• I'm still using Windows Vista

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • XP/Vista But planning on moving to Windows 7

Votes: 2 4.9%

• Total voters

l_r_c_t

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
6 days after Windows 7 came up officially, and there are people that still don't what edition to buy, I came up with this poll.

The idea is that each one will pick the edition he is using, write why he chose this edition, what is the kind of things he do on this Operating system, and if it answers his needs.

*The message is for men and women equally.

AsAnAtheist

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Windows 7 Professional;
Networking for future NAS setup.
Xp mode for running very old games.
$29.99 for Profession or Home premium, might as well get the better version.

kfitzenreiter

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
I'm using XP primarily, but I have almost all of my machines configured as dual boot with Windows 7. While it is a trial version this will let me test it and give me a chance to determine whether or not I want to take the plunge.

In the survey above you should have included Linux distros. I've been playing around with Ubuntu since Dapper Drake and Mandriva as well. While Linux is still much harder to deal with, it is getting much, much better. I could see myself at least partially switching to Linux to give some of my older PC's a longer lifespan. I've even gotten Ubuntu to talk to both XP and windows 7 with relative ease. Linux is worth another look if you've got some free time and you like to tinker around. Jaunty Jackolope is out now and Karmic Koala is coming out soon...

fedtmusen

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2008
Ultimate 64 on one computer,
and xp-pro on my other computer.
Had vista ultimate 64 for 14 days, WOW and out it vent, and back to xp-pro.

Right now I'm still using the RC, which is Ultimate. I've got some Home Premiums, but probably won't reload (you can't go from Ultimate to HP) until SSDs come down in price and I get one. I may go the MSDN/Technet route and get Ultimate, but I may not need the features.

JasonL_99

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009

How did you get seven so cheap -student, prerelease?

Kewlx25

Distinguished

^

Don't know about you, but I won't install on my wife's comp 'cause even using on my machine is a bit of a stretch.

Plan on buying Ultimate OEM once I get enough $$$.. <-- single income out of college, married.